New Rules Omega service 1st of May

Well, it's now May 10th. Has the sky fallen yet?

I have it on good authority that Omega is planning to use the money saved by this alleged cost-cutting measure to add a second helium escape valve on all future Seamaster models.

I have it on good authority that Omega is planning to use the money saved by this alleged cost-cutting measure to add a second helium escape valve on all future Seamaster models.
Yes, there was wide discussion among Omega brass, higher production of the white Speedmaster dial or the second escape valve, insanity won out.

FWIW: Just read about someone sending in their broad arrow for service in HK, and not getting replacement parts back.

And I was on the phone this week with the guy at Omega in Canada, and still no such policy change about not returning parts has been communicated to him.

And I was on the phone this week with the guy at Omega in Canada, and still no such policy change about not returning parts has been communicated to him.
Interesting. Is it possible Omega Omega/SG have policies only in specific regions/countries? Or is it always globally?

Interesting. Is it possible Omega Omega/SG have policies only in specific regions/countries? Or is it always globally?

There have been instances of people not getting parts back in the past - unless this becomes a consistent pattern, I would just say it's an anomaly. Saying "it's policy in HK" let's the service center off the hook for not returning the parts, which have likely already been tossed.

So I vote that we instead pound all of @Fatcat's watches, disassemble them, and divide the parts evenly within the community

Seriously, what does anyone do with a bag of replaced parts, it really only confirms that the parts were replaced during the service. I'm not surprised Omega changed their policy in this regard. And perhaps Omega found some of these parts were finding their way back into some watches.
As it turns out, I think the bag of returned parts it a good thing. There is a lot of useful information in those returned parts and more than once I have put them under the microscope to take a look at one thing or another.

Would that produce enough helium to give you that “micky mouse” voice on demand? I think I’d be interested at that point.

Would that produce enough helium to give you that “micky mouse” voice on demand? I think I’d be interested at that point.

Um, Mickey Mouse has an exclusive deal with Rolex—if the extra He gave us that voice I’m pretty sure John Mayer would serve us with a cease & desist. Here at Omega, we call it the “Itchy & Scratchy voice.” Down-market, sure, but pretty gangster.

Um, Mickey Mouse has an exclusive deal with Rolex—if the extra He gave us that voice I’m pretty sure John Mayer would serve us with a cease & desist. Here at Omega, we call it the “Itchy & Scratchy voice.” Down-market, sure, but pretty gangster.

That’s a well researched reply 👍

Why not make it a Nitrogen valve, it much used in pressure testing of pipe systems.