Forums Latest Members

New Omega Seamaster 300! Press photos and comparisons

1. TheSuaveEntre Mar 23, 2021

2. MtnMarine Mar 23, 2021

They look great. I’ve always been a fan of the lollipop second hand. Looks more like the Spectre than the others have. Thanks for sharing!

TheSuaveEntre likes this.
  3. KeithS Mar 23, 2021

I like the new bracelet, a lot. I also like that the numerals on the bezel are lumed and that there is less text on the dial. These things aside, I much prefer the older model.

Scooterino36 and TheSuaveEntre like this.
  4. cuts33 Mar 23, 2021

I am just kind of at a loss to explain what Omega is doing lately. They have never been teed up more perfectly to put a dent in the Crown given the current gray market manipulation going on that 99% of the watch buying public is completely unaware of.

Omega's movements are frankly superior to anything else out there that is mass produced and all they need is some refinement and consistency in their designs to stand the test of time. Faux patina, sandwich dials, blacked out SMP's, wave dial/no wave dial/wave dial again, it's just exhausting trying to figure out what the end game is here.

The biggest homerun they've had IMO was the LE Liquid Metal PO with the 2500 movement. If they can find a way to re-create that with the new movements and bracelet, they'd have their own inventory problems to worry about.

5. GannyBall Mar 23, 2021

Fair play to Omega as they seem to be going in the right direction with their new releases during 2021 so hopefully that bodes will for the Planet Ocean, however this 300 isn't for me as I don't like polished bracelets

Dedlock likes this.
  6. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Mar 23, 2021

I'm unsure why some want Omega to play Rolex's game. They never have, and honestly I don't know why they would start now.

Omega has always offered a large selection of models with different designs and features, with changes happening fairly regularly. Personally for me, I would rather that then them releasing the same old thing over and over again, with almost imperceptible tweaks, like Rolex does.

7. Scooterino36 Mar 23, 2021

Agreed. I’ve never understood the position that a wide selection is a bad thing. You don’t have to like every single model variant. There’s generally something for everyone, which in my opinion is a strength not a weakness.

8. SkunkPrince Mar 23, 2021

This is perhaps the main reason I dislike Rolex. Their designs seem to have frozen in the 70s and haven't changed since. I am perhaps in the minority but I like hands with some shape to them, not the same stick hands that damn near every watch had in that era. Where are the dauphine hands? Where are the alpha hands? Give me something new even if you're copying something old!

cristos71, eternalover, Pun and 5 others like this.
  9. GannyBall Mar 23, 2021

Another Boston fan, fair play lol

Scooterino36 likes this.
  10. rootbeer7 Mar 23, 2021

I prefer my previous model, but that shark mesh bracelet is great

Pun and Scooterino36 like this.
  11. Flynn_lives Mar 23, 2021

I just called my Boutique to get on the list for the black dial. Helluva classic look.

12. Bp1000 Mar 23, 2021

2021 really is turning out to be a good year for omega.

I think they’ve done a superb job on both the speedmaster and now this. Especially on the bracelet side. Love the taper.

I think the attention to detail overall has stepped up a notch and their movements are really going from strength to strength.

The only let down is that my snoopy hasn’t turned up yet ::yawn::

Dedlock and scapa like this.
  13. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Mar 23, 2021

@TheSuaveEntre Mate if you keep posting new threads with your completely unrelated and quite shitty YouTube channel at the bottom, you’re just going to get booted for spam. Not very Suave, just really thirsty and desperate.

Scarecrow Boat, Tipofthehat and AAAKK like this.
  14. Speede Mar 23, 2021

Liking the lollipop hand

Mossback and marcn like this.
  15. texasmade Mar 23, 2021

I like the clean dial with symbol, Omega, and Seamaster. No more unnecessary text on the dial.

Mossback likes this.
  16. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Mar 23, 2021

Plus - the lollipop is standard
    Plus - the lollipop is not painted white and looks like it doesn’t match
    Plus - the lollipop has a counter weight and looks more balanced
    Plus - new size
    Plus- bronze that will never tarnish!

negative - it’s gold that looks like bronze??? RUFKM!!!! It’s the cost of a gold watch?????

Plus - more reason to get a gold 2500....

marcn likes this.
  17. TheSuaveEntre Mar 25, 2021

2 things.

You know what? You’re right. Maybe I overstepped on self advertising. Fair on the warning to get booted.

But to be rude, criticize the hard work I’ve put into my channel, condemn it as “Sh*tty”, and to then condemn me as a thirsty and desperate person, only speaks volumes about yourself as a person. I choose to believe you would probably be more respectful face to face, but behind your computer screen, you’ve shown what a foul mouthed and deprecating bully you truly are.

I am willing to get downvoted and removed from the forum because I crossed a line, but I WILL NOT accept unwarranted hate and condemnation from you.

18. Joeplanetocean Mar 25, 2021

19. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Mar 25, 2021

I want to see this on my wrist. It’s been a while since I contemplated a large purchase but this has me curious.

Pun likes this.
  20. Screwbacks Mar 25, 2021

one for the wish list in 2021. great retro design. :thumbsup: