Forums Latest Members

LEAK: New Seamaster 300 in 2021, pictures and comparison

1. TheSuaveEntre Jan 19, 2021

Thanks to a friend of mine up north, we now have our possible first look at the new seamaster 300. What do you guys think? Would you trade your older seamaster?

it seems like they took a more retro approach.

Redwes25 and Cod Holliday like this.
  2. Screwbacks Jan 19, 2021

:thumbsup:

Ck375 likes this.
  3. MtnMarine Jan 19, 2021

Looks like they used the leftover NTTD’s...I still like it but I don’t think I’ll be buying a new one until they quit polishing so much of the bracelet and stop using the fake patina.

wsfarrell, jcmartinez98 and richiv like this.
  4. richiv Jan 19, 2021

I think I like the current version better. The numeral's font on this version is not appealing to my eyes. On both the current version and this one I'd prefer a lighter color lume.

MtnMarine likes this.
  5. 405 Jan 19, 2021

I like the design, but I wish they would lighten the "patina" a bit so it is not as dark.

wsfarrell, connieseamaster and rcb like this.
  6. Joeplanetocean Jan 19, 2021

I myself do not like the lollipop second hand.I’m glad they updated the movement but the seconds hand is a down grade.I was seriously looking into buying the updated model but I decided against it now.The old version is better.Just upgrade the movement.

7. Bp1000 Jan 19, 2021

If this is true this is very exiting.

I love it. Especially if the thinner bezel turns out to be true. I also love the sandblast finish panerai cutout style dial.

Put this together with the tapered bracelet, wow, what a release.

The lollipop hand has always been a strange one for me, but as the watch stands up, this second hand quirk only adds to the fact it’s like no other dive watch. Overall, the quirk gives it some character for me.

The new speedmaster and seamaster 300 will be a year to remember.

8. Cod Holliday Jan 19, 2021

Excellent video. Have you heard anything about the new Gold version also?

It does appear to me that Omega is making a solid Gold version of all the new models in an attempt to go head on with the crown?

While I have no interest in those it's interesting to note. I realize heavy hitters took notice of the solid Gold speedmasters.

9. rootbeer7 Jan 19, 2021

Keeping my Mk1 thanks!

10. KeithS Jan 19, 2021

I like that they got rid of the polished center links. I dislike just about every other change. Overall, seems like a step or two backwards from the 2014 version.

11. rcb Jan 19, 2021

I agree 100%. The fauxtina color is too much, IMO.

wsfarrell and Cod Holliday like this.
  12. Cod Holliday Jan 19, 2021

Agreed. I like what they use on Speedmaster. That slight off white colour.

13. Pazzo Jan 19, 2021

That , and that it has a sandwich dial is what I liked best.

14. OmegaBHR Jan 20, 2021

Hope its thinner.

15. marcn Enough space to say witty Jan 21, 2021

Been meditating a bit on this... going to nitpick the hell out of it.

On the pros:
    1. Love that there's less writing on the dial; good to have less clutter, but they could've gone further (more in the con section about that).
    2. Lollipop second is a good kind of "signature quirk" for this dial, just design-wise, I don't know about the history here. So much of the dial is spiky and pointy and putting a lollipop here might annoy some, but I personally think it works well against all that triangular stuff. Also, it's echoed in the bezel pip.
    3. Very much want to see the dial in person, but the two-layer with the numeral cut-outs looks pretty great.
    4. Case seems unchanged, and I personally like the stocky/blocky look of this case design; ditto the bracelet, though I'd put this on a nato in a second.

On the cons:
    1. Like others have mentioned, the fauxtina is too much and I have massive fauxtina fatigue with Omega.
    2. "Sarlacc" markers (similar to the railmaster) that I think are too pronounced. Per the less clutter note above, I think the hour and minute marks could've been made narrower/shorter, and the dial would breathe a lot more, and the cutout numerals would own the dial space a bit more, as I think they rightly should. The dial and markers could've been wonderfully minimal, approaching a similar simplicity like we see in the bezel, but instead it feels a bit frantic at the edges.
    3. Not entirely sold on the crown.

upload_2021-1-20_23-43-48.png

upload_2021-1-20_23-44-58.png

upload_2021-1-20_23-45-37.png

cjb169 and kaapstadflaneur like this.
  16. Lbennett Jan 21, 2021

Hasn’t this already been discussed?

17. bruin20 Jan 21, 2021

YY77 and Lbennett like this.