Forums Latest Members
  1. Perre Jul 23, 2020

Bought a new dsotm from an AD this week and only wore it for a couple of hours as i’m waiting for a smaller strap. Was admiring the beautiful 9300 movement earlier today, when I noticed a tiny defect on the back of the case. Did not bump into anything or did not drop the watch.
    It’s really small but it annoys me as I now know it’s there. Not sure if I should contact Omega as i’m assuming this would not pass their quality control? Did anyone have a similar issue or does anyone have any tips or tricks?
    Pretty sure i’ll get over it, but a bit annoyed nonetheless ;)

Update 1: Have been in contact with Omega and the AD. The watch has been sent back to Omega a week ago for a full analysis. Will keep you updated as soon as I know more.

Update 2: Omega got back to the AD and the watch will be repaired under warranty (new case). Very happy with how they handled the issue.

C2FFFF1C-72AC-48DD-B845-9B79161A16B5.jpeg
    Edited Aug 19, 2020
    89-0 likes this.
  2. blufinz52 Hears dead people, not watch rotors. Jul 23, 2020

It wouldn't bother me. Strap it on your wrist and enjoy it :thumbsup:

Bencherman likes this.
  3. Charlemagne1333 Jul 23, 2020

It would take a substantial knock to do that to a ceramic case, without shattering. I would say it was an imperfect pressing, and as you say shouldn’t really have passed QC
    I don’t baby my watches, and if it was a stainless steel case it wouldn’t bother me, but these aren’t cheap watches so I’d be inclined to exchange it

Good luck

Edited Jul 23, 2020
    《007》, OmegaP99 and Omegafanman like this.
  4. kelsey Jul 23, 2020

Being ceramic a defect like that, which you’d certainly know if you’d caused it, as above that would be a decent hit, I’d take it back :)

Omegafanman and Wetworks like this.
  5. EricCsN Jul 23, 2020

i would take it back too because it is bothering you.

6. Farmer Jul 23, 2020

It,s a near new watch, send it back.

7. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Jul 23, 2020

Welcome to the DSOTM club! Sorry about your defect, which is what that is...I agree with the comments that you would know if you did that. I have given mine some almighty whacks against a few things, including metal door handles (not on purpose)...not a hint of a blemish on it. Go back to the AD and see if they will swap it. They would be within their right not to, because you have worn it. But they might do the right thing.

8. bruin20 Jul 23, 2020

Send it back! ceramic will stay the same forever unlike steel. If it were steel i'd say leave it be because you'll end up with more of those over the years but with ceramic you'll be left with that one factory defect forever.

OmegaP99 likes this.
  9. s2000_driver Jul 24, 2020

Definitely exchange it. You don't know how that chip got there in the first place. If it had happened at the AD, then it is reasonable to assume that the watch took a significant hit. And there is no way to know if there are internal/microscopic fractures that may get worse later. The last thing you want to deal with is a cracked ceramic case.

OmegaP99 likes this.
  10. killer67 Jul 24, 2020

If I saw it, that’s all I would see when I looked at the movement. There’s no drawback to swapping it out even if it’s for peace of mind. You paid for new, you should get new

OmegaP99 likes this.
  11. Dedlock Jul 24, 2020

Take it back, they should exchange it for you.

12. Perre Jul 24, 2020

I’ve sent an email to Omega customer support. Let’s see what happens :)

I really don’t beleive the watch could have been dropped due to the fact that the imperfection is mostly on the back of the case. I also feel it’s almost impossible to whack it agains something on that side. I’ve added another picture from the side where it is really not noticeable. But it’s when I turn the watch around that I automatically stare at it

C912994B-F4CA-47C5-924C-68A4F4030812.jpeg
    OmegaP99 likes this.
  13. w@tcher Jul 24, 2020

I would definitely send it back to Omega since it would be annoying to my eyes...
    It is a brand new and expensive watch.

14. steelfish Jul 24, 2020

Agree with the others. It’s clearly bothering you so better to return it now for a replacement before too much time has passed. I wouldn’t imagine they will argue you’ve done it yourself as it’s pretty clearly a manufacturing defect in the ceramic. I think you’d get a different outcome if it were just the normal steel case so yay for the more expensive purchase!

Beautiful watch though, I’m sure you’ll love it when you get your new exchange watch.

15. buramu Jul 24, 2020

Blemish aside, that is a beautiful timepiece :thumbsup:

16. wolfe44 Jul 24, 2020

Are we talking about that tiny pin hole thing?

17. Perre Jul 24, 2020

Yes, but i’d prefer to not have a tiny pin hole thing in a new € 11k watch ;)

SergioRZ, Bencherman and OmegaP99 like this.
  18. Perre Jul 24, 2020

Thanks! :)

19. MrJKLFoams Jul 24, 2020

I would definitely return it to where you bought the watch. Is it from your local AD? The thing is that you knew it is there and it will stop you from enjoying this watch because of that imperfection or damage. It might have a micro tear inside who knows. But definitely ask for replacement dont let them send it back to omega to replace the case because you might end up with another problem.

20. miramogge Jul 24, 2020

Beautiful watch. Hopefully they will exchange it for you.

Perre likes this.