Forums Latest Members

New Diver 300 Chrono. a little wide of the mark

1. Stufflers Mom Dec 6, 2019

I was looking forward to seeing this watch but I have to say that I was a little disappointed due to the size and overall weight of the watch, so far the ceramic case 300 is my favourite from the current bunch.

IMG_2603.JPG

Omega-Q, AntonisCy and Wetworks like this.
  2. Jonathan40 Dec 6, 2019

30% off in January sales at Goldsmiths etc. Awful

3. Stufflers Mom Dec 6, 2019

Which one, the new chrono, or the black ceramic?

4. stevec14 Dec 7, 2019

I like the ceramic also. A nice watch. If I didn’t already have a ceramic watch that would be the one.

5. PhilF Dec 7, 2019

Looked at one of these as well as a GSOM when I bought my 38mm Speedmaster on Thursday, they were both freaking MASSIVE on my 7" wrist. I thought the Speedmaster Gray Side of The Moon was stunningly beautiful, if it was 40-42mm, I would have been tempted. Omega seems to be getting into Invicta-sized watches, I'd like to see them trend towards 40-42mm, I think the huge watch trend is a passing thing. I'm looking forward to wearing my new 38mm Speedmaster.

scapa likes this.
  6. Meme-Dweller Dec 7, 2019

How much more cumbersome on the wrist are these over the Planet Ocean chronographs? I would imagine that unlike the PO, the lack of a tapering bracelet would make it feel even bigger on the wrist, even though it's probably like 1/2 a mm thinner

7. Stufflers Mom Dec 7, 2019

This watch is going to feel much better on the rubber strap, but it's still going to be big, but even so it's not something that I would buy.

8. MalaMD Dec 9, 2019

Not a fan of these at all - the waves seem to clash with the sub-dials and it all looks a bit messy.

9. scapa Dec 9, 2019

Agree. Nothing about this design makes visual or ergonomic sense to me. Chrono subdial placement, proximity of subdials to indices, waves/subdials, chrono dial markings and pusher placement. Just an oddly-designed watch that neither works as a chrono or a diver, IMO.

10. ckamp Dec 9, 2019

Not a fan, face is clashing with that color combo. Looks Terrible.

These are better in my view:
    Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-Chronograph-Master-Chronometer-2019-3.jpg
    Omega-Seamaster-Diver-300M-Chronograph-Master-Chronometer-2019-1.jpg

Obviously, doesn't fix the size and weight issues though..

Wetworks likes this.
  11. Wetworks Dec 9, 2019

Agreed on these dials being better than the blue. As a grey dial Dive owner, I am jealous of the minute track on the chrono. I feel it would've really been perfect on the non-chrono version. For the blue, Omega should've went with silver/grey ringed registers.

12. Claven2 Dec 9, 2019

I dunno... diver chronos just seem like a watch trying to be too many things at once. I'd rather have a good diver and a good chrono, that both things together in the same clumsy design.

13. Omega-Q Dec 9, 2019

Agree with the assessment. I saw these at my OB this weekend, and boy are they heavy! Perhaps it would feel better on a rubber strap or a NATO...? On the other hand, I saw the new PO...the new orange bezel & white face were growing on me!