Forums Latest Members
  1. Desert Weasel Oct 11, 2012

Hi all, while out shopping I went into the omega boutique at Manchester. I was looking at the new sky fall watches and thought I would then have a look at the SMP 300 Chrono diver.
    The one I tried on had the black face and I must admit I was very taken by this watch :) I have since been reading/ searching for reviews, comments on ths beautiful watch which I plan on making my next purchase (possibly) Question is, what do you guys think of this watch? Any owner can highly recommend this watch....
    I travel back to KSA Tuesday and think I'm going to pull the trigger as you guys say, just need convincing ;)

Cheers

2. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2012

When you say chrono, do you mean the chronograph, or the chronometer?

3. Desert Weasel Oct 11, 2012

Apologies, the chronometer.

4. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2012

Its a sweet watch in black, is it the ceramic version you were looking at, or the wave dial one, because of the two, the new ceramic is my pick, its bezel looks like glass.

5. Desert Weasel Oct 11, 2012

It was the wave dial one, which I really like, the way it disappears at certain angles... Sweet.

6. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Oct 11, 2012

I've got the blue chronograph version of the wave dial, and I have to say its a very sweet watch, but before you make your decision, I'd strongly recommend trying on the new ceramic version first and compare the two to choose which you prefer. Both are sweet watches and you can't go wrong either way but you're going to want to see both before putting your money out.

7. Hurst Oct 11, 2012

If you really like the wave face then go for it. It will not be around for long! The OMEGA Boutique near me said they could no longer get the wave face model they had been searching for some one that was wanting it.

8. Desert Weasel Oct 12, 2012

Thats a good point, I tried the display model on, but when I asked they stated that they have one just in direct from Switzerland and no other stock.
    Sod it, going away for the weekend so maybe a trip to the boutique is in order this morning.
    Cheers