Forums Latest Members

New ( coming soon ) owner :)

1. ranger052 Aug 24, 2019

Hi guys,

I am a new member of the forum and hopefully soon a new owner of an Omega watch :).

I have little knowledge of watches, apart from what I have been reading online and youtube. This is also my first 1K+ watch :)

I am in love with this watch https://www.watchmaxx.com/omega-watch-326-32-40-50-06-001

I know is grey market and I wont have the warranty but I love that color combo so much! I am a cyclist and my bike is the same color, that is one of the reason I want to buy it lol! Also because it looks sporty ( I prefer sport looking watches )

Any input you guys could give me on that website and that watch?

Thank you all and happy weekend

2. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Aug 24, 2019

I know nothing about that seller but I do like that watch line. I picked up a second hand panda dial recently and really enjoy it.

Speedy Racer_022.jpg

Nobel Prize, Wryfox and Zdzislaw like this.
  3. MRC Aug 24, 2019

Only one bike? Really?

Watches and bikes are subject to the N+1 rule. N is how many you have, N+1 is the number you want to have.

With 10 bikes and 10 watches (I think) I could colour match I suppose, but I just check the tyres, clip in and go. Brakes are tested on a short downhill a few pedal strokes from home.

BTW, we like photos here, you can download them directly to the forum. Bikes as well as watches, check out this discussion: https://omegaforums.net/threads/beautiful-day-to-ride-a-bike.24070/

Wivac likes this.
  4. ranger052 Aug 24, 2019

Looks fantastic!

How much it cost used? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks

5. ranger052 Aug 24, 2019

Jajajaja.

N+1 FTW lol!
    Let me check that link.

6. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Aug 24, 2019

What @MRC says is true.

However depending on what bike I'm riding I may or may not wear a watch. On my road bikes I never wear a watch as I use my cycloputer. On my utility and beach cruisers it's whatever my watch of the moment is. It's bad enough to coordinate my clothes with my watch...

7. ranger052 Aug 24, 2019

Yep, I have no plans on wearing the watch while cycling. Cant risk having an accident and damaging both babies at once lmao ( bike and watch )

8. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Aug 24, 2019

Dude. I waited for a couple of months for the deal and when I saw it I bought it. $2100 with the complete bracelet and full kit.

I'm kind of funny in that I want a bracelet with a newish watch. It's easy enough to find a band that you can substitute if you want a change for not a lot of money.

Foo2rama likes this.
  9. ahsposo Most fun screen name at ΩF Aug 24, 2019

Why is the watch on a bracelet cheaper on that site?

I'd buy that if I hot for a new watch. $2995

64Wing likes this.
  10. ranger052 Aug 24, 2019

Not sure why.
    I was looking at it but it looks that if I get it without the band then it will cost way more to buy it.

I like the black band, I might also buy later the nato black and grey strap.

11. ranger052 Aug 24, 2019

You got it for a good price! Still have warranty left?

12. MRC Aug 24, 2019

NATOs can be tried very cheaply to check out what you like before paying Omega's prices. My strap of choice if I'm going to get sweaty. Take 'em in the shower or throw them in the dishwasher [watch not included].

13. ranger052 Aug 24, 2019

Indeed, I already have my eyes on some cheap ones from Amazon. Just to try and see how they work, if I like it then I might get the one from Omega. I believe it cost 160 with Omega. Not sure.

14. ranger052 Aug 25, 2019

I pulled the trigger, the watch should arrive Tuesday.
    I am planning to let the watch run for a week before removing stickers, that way if something is wrong I could always send it back. Question, I have seen some people here mentioning that you should measure how fast or slow is the watch ticking, to make sure is still accurate but how do I do that?

Sorry for the questions, is my first ever automatic watch and I want to make sure all is ok with it.

Thank you all

15. ranger052 Aug 25, 2019

Nevermind, I found what I was looking for.
    Basically you have to download an app, then using the Mic on the headphones the mac can track the movement of the watch and give you a reading of how accurate it is.

Thank you all

16. Martin_J_N Aug 25, 2019

Not sure about accuracy measurements, I will simply check the watch periodically against a reference time and adjust accordingly, my watches have never been poor timekeepers, I’ve never been late for an appointment when wearing one. My oldest is a 2009 vintage Seamaster diver, overdue for a service but keeps good time.

But there are other OF members who want to measure the performance of their watch against the manufacturer’s claimed accuracy and will go into this aspect in great detail.

Neither aspect is right or wrong it is simply about what type of person you are. Your watch is a mechanical timepiece, it will never be 100% perfect, it is up to you to determine what’s important to you.

For me the overriding aspect is to enjoy wearing my watch, don’t get hung up on whether the watch is a second out, life is too short.

Enjoy your watch and wear in good health.

17. ranger052 Aug 25, 2019

Hi Martin,

I appreciate the feedback and thank you so much for replying.

I am so happy and cannot wait to receive the watch!

Martin_J_N likes this.
  18. Martin_J_N Aug 25, 2019

Just a tad excited then, enjoy the experience and don’t forget to post pictures

19. ranger052 Aug 25, 2019

Thank you!

Will post many that is for sure hahahahaha

Martin_J_N likes this.
  20. ranger052 Aug 28, 2019

Hi guys,

I just received the watch and I have a question. The crown has a small play, when I move it really slow forward or backward you can see the minute hand jumping kinda of weird.

Now if I just move it normally forward or backward all ok.

I took a small video and was wondering if you guys think that is normal or not? Pay attention to the video and you can see the crow moving slow and the hands jumping.

Is my first Automatic watch and just want to be sure is all OK :)