My new coming vintage bumper omega, please comment.

Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
Hello, I just receive this watch today.

It was omega 18k model 2659 with cal. 342, pink gold version.

In my opinion it was original honeycomb dial with original minute marker , hand and crown, also the glass?

I want to ask this forums
  1. Is it the uncommon dial? (I found only few of this dial from internet, however, not pink gold version)
  2. How often do you see this minute marker in “T-shape” like this one?
  3. How do you call the name of this lugs?
  4. If anyone had this model please show and share, thanks
What’s your opinion?
So sorry for lot of pics that added.
Please feel free to add any comment that you would like.

Best regards,
Teera
 
Posts
8,701
Likes
14,612
I have never seen that and based on the alignment of several of the markers, I would say it's a redial. Could be wrong, so lets wait for other opinions.
 
Posts
24,796
Likes
55,077
Did the seller claim that this dial was original, or did the listing say the dial was restored, or some language like that?
 
Posts
16,899
Likes
48,104
Redial, hope you can send it back and secondly if you can’t hope you didn’t pay too much for it.
 
Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
I have never seen that and based on the alignment of several of the markers, I would say it's a redial. Could be wrong, so lets wait for other opinions.
Thanks
 
Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
Did the seller claim that this dial was original, or did the listing say the dial was restored, or some language like that?
He said not sure about the original of dial.
 
Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
Redial, hope you can send it back and secondly if you can’t hope you didn’t pay too much for it.
Thanks
 
Posts
2,086
Likes
2,898
Is the watch on the link that I show also redial?
At least the one who did the redial also was the same, most likely.

Does "T" maybe stand for "Teerapat"?
 
Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
At least the one who did the redial also was the same, most likely.

Does "T" maybe stand for "Teerapat"?
Haha I don’t think that (Teerapat is my name)
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
My sense is the dial's authentic.

Art

I'm almost 100% in agreement there (not having seen the actual item first hand).
These dials are very hard to imprint markings with precise regularity, add to that the fact that dial makers in that era didn't have access to the current technology and small imperfections were usually accepted.

If I'm wrong and it is a redial, it's a very good one.
 
Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
I'm almost 100% in agreement there (not having seen the actual item first hand).
These dials are very hard to imprint markings with precise regularity, add to that the fact that dial makers in that era didn't have access to the current technology and small imperfections were usually accepted.

If I'm wrong and it is a redial, it's a very good one.
So impressed with this answer.
 
Posts
18,730
Likes
38,879
So impressed with this answer.

👍

Good. Hang around for a year or two, listen to wiser more experienced posters, absorb information.
Do your own research based on that guidance and maybe one day, you will be the one to give advice.

That's what I did, and I'm still learning.
 
Posts
1,011
Likes
4,071
👍

Good. Hang around for a year or two, listen to wiser more experienced posters, absorb information.
Do your own research based on that guidance and maybe one day, you will be the one to give advice.

That's what I did, and I'm still learning.
Do you see any watch with minute marker in ‘T shape’?
(Please give me the examples)
 
Posts
1,617
Likes
8,654
Hello, I just receive this watch today.

It was omega 18k model 2659 with cal. 342, pink gold version.

In my opinion it was original honeycomb dial with original minute marker , hand and crown, also the glass?

I want to ask this forums
  1. Is it the uncommon dial? (I found only few of this dial from internet, however, not pink gold version)
  2. How often do you see this minute marker in “T-shape” like this one?
  3. How do you call the name of this lugs?
  4. If anyone had this model please show and share, thanks
What’s your opinion?
So sorry for lot of pics that added.
Please feel free to add any comment that you would like.

Best regards,
Teera
Love the dial face and the lugs