New arrival - Omega Cosmic CK2486

Posts
3,274
Likes
23,577
Beautiful! I’m a big fan of triple dates and moon phases. I love how clean these look with no chronograph complication. I’ve seen a couple of these here and immediately put on a short list of vintage pieces I would spring for one day. I think it’s my favorite vintage Omega. Congrats!
 
Posts
906
Likes
1,740
Congrats! These are on my someday list but I doubt I will ever see one as nice as this one. I saw a video by Omega Enthusiast where he said the are often damaged due to water getting in, making good one very rare.
 
Posts
6,680
Likes
11,631
Congrats! These are on my someday list but I doubt I will ever see one as nice as this one. I saw a video by Omega Enthusiast where he said the are often damaged due to water getting in, making good one very rare.

The jumbo version is very uncommon. To find one in this condition is just flat out hard - a once in ten years kind of hard.
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,655
Spending a lot of time searching….
 
Posts
240
Likes
521
Wow! That dial .. hard to come by this condition considering the snap back case. Congrats and wear it in good health!
 
Posts
345
Likes
633
Great story and an incredibly clean watch.
 
Posts
963
Likes
3,971
Sheesh!!! What a beauty and wonderful end to your story! Congrats.
 
Posts
24,802
Likes
55,084
That’s a beauty, I’m jealous. I’m also impressed that the auction house was honest. Whenever I have won an auction with an advance bid, it is coincidentally at my maximum bid. 😒
 
Posts
8,143
Likes
36,662
....Whenever I have won an auction with an advance bid, it is coincidentally at my maximum bid. 😒

Agreed, this was my main concern when placing my commission bid as it has also happened to me numerous times in the past. My bid was significantly higher than the price I paid so I greatly appreciate their integrity as they could easily have skinned me. The auction house was fantastic from beginning to end with extremely prompt friendly communication, excellent extra pictures and useful additional information.
 
Posts
6,840
Likes
10,655
Whenever I have won an auction with an advance bid, it is coincidentally at my maximum bid
Same here. Easy money for the auction house. I'm pretty sure they will use someone in the room to bid up against you.
Edited: