Forums Latest Members
  1. ArthurZinsky Oct 20, 2019

Hello!

I’m was looking to purchase this Omega Cal. 266, but i noticed that the caseback has no omega markings on it. Also the seller claims that the watch is 18k gold, but as there is no markings i can't confirm it.

Therefore I have a couple of questions regarding this that I'd appreciate some input from the experts.
    - Does it appear to be original? Was the caseback replaced? Can it be 18k gold?
    - Does anything else stand out as being replaced?
    - Can anyone tell wich model it could be?
    - What would be a fair price fo it?

The seller has sent me some photos which I have attached here.

Thanks for your time!

IMG_1371.jpg IMG_1375.jpg IMG_1373.jpg IMG_1374.jpg
  2. ArthurZinsky Oct 20, 2019

There was an additional photo wich i forgot to attach

IMG_1372.jpg
  3. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Oct 20, 2019

Dial and movement are Omega, but case was likely made by someone else. There should be a hallmark on it somewhere if solid gold -- the hallmark is often on one of the lugs. These photos are not good enough to see if there is a hallmark somewhere (they are too low in resolution and out of focus). There are some marks/ discoloration on the two bottom lugs that would make me want to see close-up photos (and in better focus). The lack of an Omega case lowers the value a bit, and if there is no hallmark then the value of the watch is in the movement and dial.

ArthurZinsky likes this.
  4. Engee Oct 20, 2019

I’d be very wary of any item purporting to be gold if it has no hallmark. Most makers should want to send their work to an assay office for hallmarking.

ArthurZinsky likes this.
  5. Sidnos Oct 20, 2019

Isn’t one of or both the bottom lugs out of shape/bent also?

Engee likes this.