Forums Latest Members
  1. Otterina Jan 19, 2020

Hello good sirs and madams!

I hereby present for your criticism and judgement, a potential candidate as my first Connie.
    These were clearest photos I've gotten from the seller. He said these were the best he could do.

Here's what I know based on the seller's info and my speculation:
    I looked up the movement, caseback and the serial number up, and the production year is 1967, model description "C" in stainless steel. Seller says it's all original parts, but he hasn't confirmed when if/when it was ever serviced, unfortunately. To my untrained eye the bracelet, hands (T swiss made T at 6 o'clock, lumed inserts), seems to be correct. Does this seem correct to you?

I'd appreciate any advice you can give on the following:
    - Not knowing what kind of glass this is makes me worry how much it would cost to clean up/replace the glass. Any advice on this would be very appreciated.
    - Is the bent looking shape of the second hand as shown in photo #1 normal due to this type of glass?
    - Does the condition given its polishing and scratches on the glass & the little scuffs on the case seem acceptable at this price of €950?
    - I am a moron and I really can't tell apart the whole case-condition-shined/worn-out edges/polished/over-polished/grain-thing for the life of me. I want to make an offer, but based on the price range of previously sold similar-looking conditions of these models on Ebay it seems this one is on the higher end. Can someone please help me on evaluating the condition of this watch?
    -I know someone will likely tell me putting a price tag on it is a subjective decision, etc, but I just want to evaluate it accurately and not overpay! I'm sure you all understand, right? ::shy::

Please pardon my ignorance as it's very likely that I've mistaken or missed out some important details, and kindly point them out for me. I'm here to learn. Thank you for reading through my painfully boring and photo-overloaded post.
    Have a nice Sunday everyone!
    :)

4FC57F65-F697-4606-A7F4-EBD42D4422A6_1_201_a.jpeg 56A45882-85FC-45BF-AF51-48B275BF175A_1_201_a.jpeg s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600 (6).jpg s-l1600.jpg
  2. janice&fred Jan 19, 2020

I like it. nice to see these C cased on their original bracelets. those linen dials are pretty nice too !

3. S.H. Jan 19, 2020

Hello! Here is my quick assessment of your pictures:

- I don't think it would be any problem to polish the crystal, or find an OEM replacement
    - I think the hand is slightly bent...
    - 950eur would be OK for this model (for me) with a proper omega crystal and a complete service (or if it is in really good shape)
    - hard to tell... pictures are tricky. But the bracelet is stretched out/very worn, there are lots of service marks and rotor rub marks in the case and the rotor assembly is probably a replacement. So it has had a life obviously.
    I'd say it has been refinished, or paired with a worn bracelet. I would need better pictures to be sure.

For me, it is overpriced from about 300-400euros. But that is my opinion, nothing more.

timecube, Otterina and Syrte like this.
  4. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Jan 19, 2020

Otterina and efauser like this.
  5. Otterina Jan 24, 2020

Thank you everyone for your input. It was really helpful!
    Unfortunately the seller was not willing to reduce his price.
    I was too eager and I would have probably bought this without realizing what further servicing would be required if it weren't for your advice.
    I admit though now I'm disappointed...:(

timecube and kip595 like this.
  6. kip595 Jan 24, 2020

I empathize, vintage is still ‘new’ to me after a year. I’d say you did the right thing passing, but rest assured, there are some BEAUTIFUL examples of this model out there, for the same or less.

7. Noddyman Jan 24, 2020

As all above it’s a nice watch with a slightly high price tag.

8. S.H. Jan 25, 2020

Don't be, there are others waiting for you in the future; a C case constellation is not that rare.

9. timecube Jan 25, 2020

Thank YOU for your inputs and outputs, too!
    I'm in a similar place - though have not yet "found" a Constellation (and am not yet seriously looking) but the watch you were considering looks very much like one that I would be considering considering myself. And seeing laid out those reasons why this one's perhaps not a good deal are very helpful indeed!

Best of luck in finding "yours"!