Need help with what to do in this scam!!

So I ordered a watch off Facebook marketplace. I've had some good scores before but never been scammed. Well unfortunately a few days ago I bought a watch at a reasonable price, no reason to believe it was a scam. The seller messaged me the day after claiming they'd shipped it and I could see the tracking number.

A few days go by and USPS never receives the item from the seller. I check the sellers profile and low and behold the same exact watch I had bought was relisted and sold to someone else
I report the seller and open a claim stating I was scammed and i want my money back and the order cancelled. A day after the seller deletes his profile completely and mysteriously my tracking number updates and says the package is on it's way to me. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE SCAMMER SENT ME. I am very weary of opening th package fearing it may be something not so good...... What the heck do I do??? I have yet to hear back from facebook support.

Did you pay with Paypal? You can film while opening the package and if there’s no watch you can file a police report. Do you have a name, adress or other info of the seller?

I got burned once in this hobby. Also paid (banktransfer) and never received it. I did'nt do my due diligence and I just took the risk (I did'nt pay a lot for the watch). I filed a police report but of course I never heard from it again. You win some and loose some.

I paid through Facebook's payment option. SO theoretically im protected by them...

I will definitely film the opening

I'm not familiar with Facebook payment option. But I wish you all the best. Maybe other members can help you.

Facebook Marketplace? What is that ? Like a local selling platform ?

Never bought a watch off someone I didn’t know that I wasn’t prepared to loose the money I sent them……

Bought plenty of watches worth thousands off people I knew wouldn’t rip me off. All members here, god love them 😉

I paid through Facebook's payment option. SO theoretically im protected by them...

I will definitely film the opening

Never used them, but as a general rule, I’d get in touch with the platform which provides the security net and ask them what you need to do to be protected (eg open a case within a certain time span, film the opening of the parcel with a witness, etc). Make sure to stick to their rules. Fingers crossed you’ll get your money back.