My wife does'nt want to wear her speedmaster anymore...

Anyway, thnx guys for the suggestions! I'm going to show them to her and we will see what she likes. I'll keep you updated!

Like 4
Does it have to be automatic, or just not require daily winding? I got this one at the beginning of the summer (well under $1k) to travel without having to think twice about value/safety/perception of others and have to say it’s been quite the infatuation.

Perfect size (38mm), killer look, deadly accurate, and no headaches, guaranteed.

IMG_0524.jpeg

Like 4
Saw these funky things in the flesh yesterday, available in a range of colours, lume, etc.
IMG_0158.png

Like 3
Longines Conquest Heritage. Here is a used one on C24, 40mm, for below 1000€. Or does it gave to be €1000 for a brand new watch?

IMG_3541.jpeg

Like 1
Does it have to be automatic, or just not require daily winding? IMG_0524.jpeg
Well. I came up with the idea of automatic iso handwinding. She's not really into watches and a low maintenance watch would suit her. But of course handwinding could be possible as well.

Or does it gave to be €1000 for a brand new watch?IMG_3541.jpeg
Not really. But a not to fragile watch which is waterproof would be nice. I dont want her to worry to much about her watch.

I did see the baltic on a flatlink and kind of liked it. Hmmm. She already had the blue one with the tropic. But I sold that one because she did'nt wore it anymore.

Is that her wrist in the initial post? I actually really like how that watch fits, and it looks pretty cool.
since you like it, might as well go for it!
No. I only have one picture of her wrist with a watch!

Like 3
No. I only have one picture of her wrist with a watch!
That's the speedy that she does'nt want to wear anymore. What's wrong with this world!?!

Like 1
Not really. But a not to fragile watch which is waterproof would be nice. I dont want her to worry to much about her watch.

It’s a modern re-edition of the Conquest of the 50s. So yes waterproof. 3 meters I believe

Like 1
That's the speedy that she does'nt want to wear anymore. What's wrong with this world!?!

This issue is obviously causing strife between you, please just do what she says and unburden her of this awful watch send it to me for disposal.
I live to help others.;)

Like 4
Seiko Alpinist several dial colours and a useless but interesting compass complication. Uncle Seiko makes nice BOR fir this too. I like green one
IMG_7522.png IMG_7523.png IMG_7524.png IMG_7521.png

Like 1
Sounds like you're on the hunt for a stylish yet meaningful watch for your girlfriend. Seiko Presage is a solid choice. Have you considered the Hamilton Khaki Field or Tissot PRS 516? Good luck! ️

Like 1
And a quartz?

47897ed6c4548ff47d698e9c0bae5d69_f5ee4567-0d4e-4b9c-ab2f-bda4c72aecb2_800x.jpg

vintage_rare_citizen_ana_digi__1663833671_35a1d11f_progressive.jpg

Like 1
Right... My wife (actually my girlfriend, but we've been in a relationship for 21 years, we have two pubescent kids, a impossible dog that does'nt listen, a suffocating mortgage and a Volvo with space for the dog so I can call her my wife) no longer feels comfortable with the speedmaster. In her work she often comes into contact with people who are less fortunate in this world and therefore does not think it is appropriate to wear an expensive watch. That in itself is to be commended. But that also brings a dilemma. Namely a new watch. My watches are either too small, too big, too fragile, too expensive, without a metal strap, etc. She would like a bit of a cool watch with a metal strap of up to EUR 1,000. It should also be fairly large. Around 39/40mm. A chronograph would be nice. She also had a vintage yema diver and a baltic diver but they are out of favor again. I was once about to buy her a rolex but then I was laughed at.
I think a new and automatic watch would suit her. I really like the Seiko Presage line. I then look a bit at the watch below. But maybe there are other options out there. I'd love to hear them!!

So:

1. A sports watch with steel strap;
2. Around 39/40mm;
3. Chronograph would be nice but not necessary;
4. Under 1k euro; and
5. Automatic.

in all fairness to the choices that others have posted they are nice watches but really miss the point.

If your wife wants to avoid the ire, envy, possibility of becoming a target for those less fortunate people should she not be dressing down rather than sideways and choose a ubiquitous cheap Chinese quartz or even a plain but better Casio?

Like 1
in all fairness to the choices that others have posted they are nice watches but really miss the point.

If your wife wants to avoid the ire, envy, possibility of becoming a target for those less fortunate people should she not be dressing down rather than sideways and choose a ubiquitous cheap Chinese quartz or even a plain but better Casio?
I went Seiko… most people have no clue they can be expensive.

Like 1
Notwithstanding my fascination with watches, my wife is not a watch person, per se; she likes them but prefers something practical, not ostentatious, but still decent quality. She settled on the Tissot, which she loves, then the Hamilton (with some suggestive input from moi). She quite enjoys the Khaki Field, and 38mm looks great on her. They both get plenty of wrist time!

A819AE70-3BB9-48A1-900C-6EAF17A3D0DE.jpeg

Like 5