My Omega Service Centre horror story…

Ok, maybe horror story is too strong, but I sent this SMP to the Toronto SC for a stuck datewheel.

The watch also had an hour hand misalignment (3 min late), which I thought would be a good idea to address.
BEFORE
IMG_9873.jpeg

It came back with a hour hand misalignment, but now in the other direction (5 min early).
AFTER
IMG_9857.jpeg

I need advice. To send back or to not send back? 👎

I recall there is an allowed tolerance of 2 min -/+, so yes send it back.

I was expecting a real horror story, instead, just an inconvenience. Send it back and hope for the best.

I was expecting a real horror story, instead, just an inconvenience. Send it back and hope for the best.
I found the whole story chilling, like a horror story.

I’d expect hands to be aligned on a $200 Swatch never mind something at this price point. It’s kind of like the bare minimum. I’d send it back and ask what they’re going to do for you for the inconvenience. How about a complimentary strap?

If you don't send it back you are allowing mediocrity to creep into Omega, lowering the standards of the brand by sending the signal that crappy work is acceptable to their customers.

I may be overly dramatic but it's still accurate. Of course be polite and understanding, but still insist that Omega can do better.

…..and we haven’t even mentioned the white spots on the dial yet.

IMG_3348.jpeg

How about a complimentary strap?
Whoops, I’ve already bought every possible strap option for this watch.

…..and we haven’t even mentioned the white spots on the dial yet.

IMG_3348.jpeg
It’s just dust outside the crystal. Watch came back pristine, like it hadn’t been touched. They did a great job otherwise.

Before you send the watch back to Omega, check to see where the hands are when the calendar changes at midnight! No sense having the watch adjusted to align the hour and minute hands if the hands read 11:58 pm when the date changes! 😁

I need help trying to understand some of the sarcastic comments; are you okay with sloppy workmanship?

We tend to tease folks with OCD! Get used to it! You’re not happy with it, so tell Omega, not us.

We tend to tease folks with OCD! Get used to it!
Do you tease people with hypertension and arthritis too?

I need help trying to understand some of the sarcastic comments; are you okay with sloppy workmanship?

It’s just the “horror story” bit. While your service issue is disappointing and absolutely needs to be addressed by Omega, we do tend to take our first-world problems pretty lightly here.

Do you tease people with hypertension and arthritis too?

To the best of my knowledge, there isn’t a medication for OCD. You don’t bring hypertension and arthritis on yourself willingly. OCD is entirely different. Sent the watch to Omega, again!

To the best of my knowledge, there isn’t a medication for OCD. You don’t bring hypertension and arthritis on yourself willingly. OCD is entirely different.
::facepalm1::