Forums Latest Members
  1. Cfcboy Nov 16, 2016

Has anyone had experience of the service centre in Southampton?

I sent my watch back via Ernest Jones due to the time slowing down issue.

It came back with a partial service having been done but numerous scratches that were not there have now appeared. It's almost negligent. The Ernest Jones receipt was marked "very good condition one scratch on clasp"

Any thoughts ?

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 16, 2016

Did you take detailed photos of the watch before handing it over? This is something I recommend no matter who you are sending the watch to. If you don't have those, it will be difficult to prove much, but you could try to get them to refinish it I guess and see what they say...

Cheers, Al

3. Cfcboy Nov 16, 2016

I could kick up a fuss as the receipt prooves it. But the thought of sending it away for four weeks again isn't a good one.

An ideal situation would be to find a reasonable priced polish place where I could wait for it to be done

4. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Nov 16, 2016

I would be careful letting just anyone polish the watch "while you wait." Refinishing a watch is a skill like any other, and to polish the watch case properly the movement should be removed. It's not really a "while you wait" sort of thing to get done, because the watch needs to be disassembled, refinished, cleaned, assembled, pressure tested, etc.

You will also void the Omega warranty by doing this, just so you know...

5. tyrantlizardrex Nov 16, 2016

I would take it back to Ernest Jones and ask them to make good... that's the best course of action here... don't mess about if you have a receipt that details it being in a different condition to that in which it came back.

6. Cfcboy Nov 16, 2016

Good advice.,.

Cheers