Forums Latest Members

My Next Omega Speedmaster Is An Often Overlooked Model

1. Robert-Jan #SpeedyTuesday Apr 13, 2021

[​IMG]
    Ever since the Speedmaster Dark Side of the Moon came out (in 2013), I’ve known I would need to acquire it at some point. I am not talking about one of the recent variations, but the original one. The OG of Dark Sides. Here’s my love letter to that watch. This might come a bit […]

Visit My Next Omega Speedmaster Is An Often Overlooked Model to read the full article.

Dsloan, mbeast, 3nicewatches and 4 others like this.
  2. Hands90 Apr 15, 2021

If you buy these pre-owned they look brand new because Omega ceramic is the best of the best.

s2000_driver, Dsloan and JanP like this.
  3. abgul Apr 15, 2021

I've never been into this one as didn't like layout with date at the bottom. The professional DSOTM though - that's been growing on me for some time.

Omega-Speedmaster-Dark-Side-of-the-Moon-Apollo-8-a-600x406.jpeg
  4. Speede Apr 15, 2021

I’m with you on this one, this is the one I would get, maybe some day...

5. 3nicewatches $100 well spent Apr 16, 2021

I've owned mine for two and a half years now and I love it. It's just so different to any watch I've owned before and it looks damn cool, especially when the light catches the shiny dial and bezel just right. In fact, my wife thinks it is the most beautiful of my watches. I read the article and someone in the comments suggested waiting until they upgrade to a Master Chronometer movement...but why? What's so great about that? My DSOTM has run consistently at +1/s day since I bought it (actually, so has my 12.5 year old triple date since I had it serviced in 2018) - that's plenty accurate enough for me. The Master Chronometer thing is more of a marketing tool for Omega as far as I'm concerned.

NGO1, JeremyS and Eve like this.
  6. s2000_driver Apr 19, 2021

Wonder if Omega has updated versions of the DSOM coming out in a year or two considering they are not MC yet. While they are at it, I hope they are able to reduce a couple of mm in thickness so that people with smaller wrists can enjoy them as well.

7. NGO1 Apr 19, 2021

Dropped mine on a quart countertop while changing strap. Maybe 3ft up.
    It chipped...a piece of the countertop.
    Also lightweight and very comfy.

Omega needs to make a 40mm version.
    At 40mm, this thing will be the ultimate daily beater.

E8F6CA5B-E294-459B-A72E-CC6297355F7D.jpeg
    LadyLuz and cjb169 like this.