Forums Latest Members

Next Omega Speedmaster 3861 or a PO?

1. pjb21 Jun 5, 2021

Hi all,

I currently have my Seamaster which I love however I am eyeing up my next Omega, I really fancy a Speedmaster in the 3861 with the decorative case back what are people’s thoughts on these? I also have the option of a PO as they are a similar price point.

just want peoples thoughts on both really.

Thanks

2. 8100_RPM Jun 5, 2021

Since you already have a Seamaster, you should go for a little variety and checkout the Speedmaster. The Speedy is a strap monster and can be dressed up or dressed down as needed.

The biggest knock on the PO is the thickness. I have the 8900 PO and while the thickness doesn't bother me too much it isn't the best choice if you wear dress shirts on a regular basis.

Good luck with your next purchase!

3. MikiJ Likes songs about Purple spices Jun 5, 2021

I was wearing the newer SMP 300 Vintage Master Co-Axil cal. 6400 that I recently traded off for a new Speedmaster cal.3861
    This new Speedy with it's stepped dial and DON Bezel made it an easy choice. I also found it more comfortable on my wrist.

PhilF likes this.
  4. marcn Enough space to say witty Jun 5, 2021

Hesalite 3861, no question. It’s crazy awesome.

PhilF likes this.
  5. PhilF Jun 5, 2021

The new Speedmaster is indeed a strap monster. Its also a bit thinner and the lug to lug is reduced from the previous generation. I bought my Sapphire Sandwich on the bracelet, had it sized, then switched to a deployant strap for the summer. Will go back to the bracelet in the winter when wrist size doesn't change with the heat as much. Here's a shot on my 7" wrist. The Speedy is very wearable, comfortable and has a unique, historical and classical presence, go for it! 20210601_163158.jpg

G4_Chrono likes this.
  6. DoctorEvil Jun 5, 2021

I'm assuming your Seamaster is a diver's and you're keeping it? If yes, then I'd go the Speedmaster so you have a sports chrono as well in your collection. I had the Bond midsize Seamaster as my first Omega, then got myself a Speedy FOIS. No regrets at all. It's a beautiful watch and as others have mentioned, you'll have fun exploring all the strap and bracelet options.

7. pjb21 Jun 6, 2021

Thanks all, I’m swayed towards the Speedmaster, if going for one it would be the sapphire sandwich the movement looks beautiful through the display case.

I have also heard and read the braclet on these new models is much improved so sounds like a good all rounder to pick up.

Thanks all for your input.

PhilF, MikiJ, G4_Chrono and 2 others like this.