My Dads Inherited Vintage Naiad Medicus

The above statement would not give me confidence about the “restoration”.

If your goal is to maintain the originality of your heirloom watch, be sure you know exactly what they are doing and what will be replaced or altered, else you may not recognize it afterwards.
Hi

Hi Guys,

I appreciate all your comments and help more than you could all ever realise, for the preservation of my father's Omega is all that matters to me.

I've been in close ties with Michael for over a year and a half now. He knows and understands that I don't want anything doing externally to alter the look of my Medicus, ie the glass or face, thank you for the info in getting all the seals done even the crown.

Now that I've thought about the whole situation since my last message, I'm just going to take it back to my reputable local jeweller an old guy, for he cleaned it for me last time. With this pesky little "COVID" scenario he's closed down and I don't know if he's closed down for good or not.

I'm still waiting to hear back from "Simon Freese" for he sounded confident and promising about being able to do me a new crown, even though it may not be identical, but that's going to be my way forward in restoring my father's timepiece and I can't wait to hear back from him!...

Regards,
Stewart

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know that I'm getting my "Naiad Medicus" finally sorted out properly, just waiting to hear back with the good news hopefully!... I'll send more snapshots if I do.

Sorry to do this guys but I've got a military watch that isn't Omega, unfortunately. Just wondering if anyone may know it's genuine or not, or if someone can pass me onto someone else who would know, please?

Kind regards
Stewart

Looks like a fantastic well persevered example! Would love to see some photos under natural light :)
iconGlobeBlack.png
Hi Ollie,

Don't know if you remember me with my Dads Naiad Medicus and it had the wrong crown on it and I didn't even realise it was wrong.

about three weeks ago I finally got a replacement crown, is it possible to tell me what you think of my new crown?...

Couldn't tell if it's a good one or not, I got it done in Newcastle as you see by the building and signage.

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards,
Stewart

Hi Ollie,

Don't know if you remember me with my Dads Naiad Medicus and it had the wrong crown on it and I didn't even realise it was wrong.

about three weeks ago I finally got a replacement crown, is it possible to tell me what you think of my new crown?...

Couldn't tell if it's a good one or not, I got it done in Newcastle as you see by the building and signage.

Hope to hear from you very soon.

Kind regards,
Stewart

Oops! I also got new straps handmade from "Rills Leathercraft, Thirsk in Yorkshire"

Regards,
Stewart

Maybe I`m a little late to the party but regarding to the serial number of your Dad`s Naiad earliest date is 1934.
Hope that info is of interest.

Hi Sirtaifun,

Nobody's ever late for a party and welcome!...

I'm still a newbie to this Forum scenario for it's the first one I've ever been on and still don't what I'm doing, im about as technical as my left toenail and don't anything like Facebook, Twitter and all that "Phooie" why would I want to show someone what I had for my breakfast this morning, hey ho!...

Thanks for the 1934 info bro, for I've always been led to believe it was 1939 so the jury's still out on that one for me unless you you've got definitive proof Sirtaifun?...

Kind regards,
Stewart

Thanks for the 1934 info bro, for I've always been led to believe it was 1939 so the jury's still out on that one for me unless you you've got definitive proof Sirtaifun?...

Kind regards,
Stewart

Better than the other way round. A 1934 watch could have come into your dad's possession in 1939 but not vice versa. What is the lug width? (16 or 18mm?). I might have an old period-correct strap you could have, foc. I'm in the UK so postage would minimal. If I've got one you can have it on me.

Wow!... wasn't expecting that Revo that is way above and beyond anybody's expectations from somebody I've never met before!...:)

My lug size is 16mm I've got everything crossed from this end hoping you have one Revo!...;)

Kind regards,
Stewart

Hi Revo,

It was released in England officially in 1939 so Omega informed me from Switzerland and thank you for getting in touch!...:thumbsup:
Wow!... wasn't expecting that Revo that is way above and beyond anybody's expectations from somebody I've never met before!...:)

My lug size is 16mm I've got everything crossed from this end hoping you have one Revo!...;)

Kind regards,
Stewart

Kind regards,
Stewart

OK, I've got a couple of 16mm. One is NOS brown leather (a Bravingtons, no less!) and one is quite worn (a black leather Montal). Both made in England, both have the foldover metal tabs for fixed bars and both have one-piece (non-springbar) buckles. BUT . . . both come up short on my 7.5" wrists. If you are @ 7" or less they should be fine. You can often find nice ones one ebay e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/293555889896?hash=item44594b66e8:g:gPkAAOSwkbZefPPq

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124735002403?hash=item1d0ac91723:g:BroAAOSwsEFgp3dT

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164196088686?hash=item263ad97b6e:g:tn4AAOSw44Feur-R

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131974730653?hash=item1eba4e939d:g:OS4AAOSwYIxYBlK3

(seller of that last one has lots of cool straps)

HTH

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Sure! Both straps on the last hole (i.e. longest possible "setting") are 6.5" so add in the bar-to-bar length of the watch (which I'd guess is 1.5") and you are good to go.

Bravingtons made straps for the RAF (or "Air Ministry" to be exact) and Montal were based in Cheltenham.

Hmm I thought I'd added three pics? Here's the other two:

PM your address and I'll pop them in the post. The Bravingtons one wasn't cheap but it's too short for me so better used than wasted.