Misaligned date Omega refuses to fix

Truth in advertising says Burger King and McDonald's must take their photos with the actual food items they sell to people ... they choose the absolute best items, at their peak of freshness, and aligned in such a way for the photo as to be closer to the front.

Now tell me if you've EVER gotten a burger that looks even remotely like their photos.

I won't wait.

Great point, the other day I picked up a Big Mac and I was short 6 sesame seeds on the bun versus what McD's advertised in their photo!

I agree, I don't think OP can "win" through argument so much as continuing to ask for it to be fixed. It's not unreasonable, however, for Omega to set a tolerance guideline for date windows at 6 o'clock as different than 3. and maybe it would fit well within that tolerance in this case anyway.

If they did, the tolerance would likely be the same, given that both the date and date indicator have turned 90 degrees from 3 o'clock. That means the tolerance is in the exact same "direction" as it would be at 3...so take this:

x1730453-2fc6ba9b15a8b748d8fc0420dcd0c806.jpg.pagespeed.ic.a4NH3aj66P.webp

And turn it so it is at 3, and you get this:

IMG_6649a.jpg

Looks like it could pass the 1/3 to 2/3 ratio test to me...

Maybe the OP just doesn't wear the watch on the 8th of each month. 😗

1 small point is that just because the AD was not inclined to to anything about it, not necessarily Omega themselves, wouldn’t.
Indeed the response between different staff members of the AD may well vary.
It could come down to whether you were served by a lazy bastard having a bad day, who couldn’t be arsed with the paperwork.
Or someone who has a different interpretation of what’s acceptable under Omega’s policy.

Before I’d get too excited, I’d try a different AD or Omega themselves…..you might get a totally different response.

Having said all that, on a personal level it wouldn’t bother me as most bloody date windows are too small for me to see without changing glasses, so I never bother with them.
However as it bothers you, you’re entitled to ask about it, and it would be best to make sure the feedback gets back to Omega as they can only do something about if they know about it.
I’d try to open up a dialogue with Omega themselves.
Who knows if they get enough complaints about the issue, they might be more inclined to improve the design or tighten up their tolerances.

In the land of the one-eyed men, the man with two eyes and OCD is stoned to death
I wouldn't worry about that. With only one eye, they would lack parallax; without depth perception, they'd all miss.

@matylda:
Is Matilda not the lady dancing around 8 mulberry bushes?
You may sell the watch under value and go the court to ask Omega for a compensation of 1 Mio for psychic cruelty.
I understand, a serious forum needs as well threads for people to enjoy.
Konrad

It says 8 on the 8th…..That’s good enough for me. 🤬 I’m only looking at the date for a few milliseconds a day when I pick the milk up in the morning 😉

Like if it said 7 or 9 then I’m joining in here….

Aligned date wasn't on my I prepurchase list.

1. Bracelet, clasp, bracelet for scratches and finish quality
2. Check crown and helium valve thread and turn smoothly
3. Clasp operates properly
4. Bezel operates properly and is reasonably aligned
5. Dial surface free of debris and contaminants
6. Check crystal for debris, scratches, and proper AR application
7. Lume is properly applied and free of defects
8. Check crown operation in all positions
9. Hands are aligned properly
10. Date change occurs at correct time

I bought blue Constalation Globemaster from my AD and I really love the watch. There is just one thing that really bothers me. When I was buying it two digit number was set as date on the watch. Couple of days after using it a realized that when there is one digit number the date is not perfectly centered (as photographed for the advertising) but little misaligned) I mean it might just be me but I can’t unsee it. I brought it back to AD and they took photos and sent them to Omega Geneva and indeed they said it is not perfectly in the center. But they also told me it is expected since the watch was built by humans and that it is just a small misaligned it doesn’t qualify as a mistake and therefore they will not be fixing it. I mean as my first luxury watch purchase it didn’t occur to me this is something I should be aware of and should check. It especially bothers me since all the promotion materials feature “8” in the center. I will leave the photos here so you can tell me it I am seeing thing or what but hey, it least you know in the future what to look for when buying Omega. I have to say I was little disappointed.

I'm not sure if this is a Sedna Gold or Yellow Gold Globemaster from the photos. It doesn't look like a model currently offered. That said, I'm assuming the retail price on this is north of $15,000. A Sedna or Yellow Gold Globemaster on a strap is currently $24,500. At that price there shouldn't be anything misaligned on it, regardless of manufacturer's accepted tolerances. Even if Omega won't make things right, if you drop that kind of cash at an AD they damn well should be making it right. Hell, if you bought a $100 Omega tie clip from them with an imperfection they should make things right. If I otherwise loved the watch, that was the only issue, and spending that kind of money was routine for me I would probably only take it so far. Or, simply sell it on a day with double digits. But I will cheer you on if you fight it all the way.

Yet another reason to avoid watches with date windows, or to not examine your watch through a loupe.

Yet another reason to avoid watches with date windows, or to not examine your watch through a loupe.

True, but once you see these things, you'll never be able to unsee it, and if it annoys you.. then you'll never be happy about it. That's the problem when you find this stuff. There are a lot of other things to annoy on some of the OMEGA, but the people in servicing don't think it's much of a deal.It's like you sending your watch in for a service that has ran spot on for 10 years, and you get it back and it's scratched glass, and running at +6. THAT is more annoying. Trust me.

I'm not sure if this is a Sedna Gold or Yellow Gold Globemaster from the photos. It doesn't look like a model currently offered. That said, I'm assuming the retail price on this is north of $15,000. A Sedna or Yellow Gold Globemaster on a strap is currently $24,500. At that price there shouldn't be anything misaligned on it, regardless of manufacturer's accepted tolerances. […] Hell, if you bought a $100 Omega tie clip from them with an imperfection they should make things right.
What you’re seeing is white balance related. In the very first post the OP says “I bought blue Constalation” and later says it’s an $8k watch. Also, as stated earlier in this thread, the OP can try going to Omega directly instead of using a middleman.
I bought blue Constalation Globemaster
my definition of tolerance is different then theirs on $8K watch.

True, but once you see these things, you'll never be able to unsee it, and if it annoys you.. then you'll never be happy about it. That's the problem when you find this stuff. There are a lot of other things to annoy on some of the OMEGA, but the people in servicing don't think it's much of a deal.It's like you sending your watch in for a service that has ran spot on for 10 years, and you get it back and it's scratched glass, and running at +6. THAT is more annoying. Trust me.

I understand. My comment was only half serious, but I do think over analyzing a watch can take away some of the enjoyment. That said, I have never spent a lot on a new watch and would expect a high degree of precision from a $8,000 timepiece. My watches are all vintage and/or sub $1000.

Would (should) OP really go through all of the hassle to send this watch in for warranty work?
I'd say no. You'd be without your watch for weeks, and run the risk of having something else happen to it along the way.
I think it would be better left alone...but that is just me.
You may be annoyed for a period of time, but I'd bet it would wear off.
I'd also try to get over the fact that just because you paid a lot of money for something, doesn't mean it is going to be 100% perfect.
Don't get me wrong, I get it. Because I used to be the same way. But I've learned to just accept the little things and move on. And I'm talking more than just watches.
People who go looking for problems typically find one.

Would (should) OP really go through all of the hassle to send this watch in for warranty work?
I'd say no. You'd be without your watch for weeks, and run the risk of having something else happen to it along the way.
I think it would be better left alone...but that is just me.
You may be annoyed for a period of time, but I'd bet it would wear off.
I'd also try to get over the fact that just because you paid a lot of money for something, doesn't mean it is going to be 100% perfect.
Don't get me wrong, I get it. Because I used to be the same way. But I've learned to just accept the little things and move on. And I'm talking more than just watches.
People who go looking for problems typically find one.[/QUOTE]

Agree.

Irritating for sure, but I wouldn't put this in the "deal-breaking" category and would absolutely not risk the hassle that is likely to come with any warranty repair. I would, however, absolutely liaise with Omega and this issue noted with this watch at this time. Then, should the OP choose to have it looked at in a future service, Omega should make sure it's fixed and hopefully not charge for it.

It says 8 on the 8th…..That’s good enough for me. 🤬 I’m only looking at the date for a few milliseconds a day when I pick the milk up in the morning 😉

Like if it said 7 or 9 then I’m joining in here….
Suppose it said the 514th of the month?
P1050384m.JPG

Suppose it said the 514th of the month?

How about the 33rd...

How about the 33rd...

Ah yes, that's the SMO (Sumerian Market Only) model with its 60 day month.

How about the 33rd...

Wowza.

Cue the Hodinkee Shop piece on how brilliantly GO use their date complication to playfully interrogate and subvert our rigid understandings of high(er) horology, manufacture technique, the mystique of the "error dial" and even our notion of calendar time itself.

Chapeau.