Forums Latest Members

member skunkprince has passed away

1. Duracuir1 Never Used A Kodak Feb 10, 2023

Nice words Walrus…

Geezer, NikolShep and MDubs like this.
  2. JwRosenthal Feb 10, 2023

I’m kind of floored and a bit wrecked by this. Tom was prickly but had a heart of gold. He and I really bonded over the years about our mutual issues navigating the human experience. He battled health problems over the last decade or so that befuddled doctors and like many of us with mystery ailments, they gave him a diagnosis of Fibromyalfia, gave him pills and told him to go away- it’s in your head.

He battled with depression as well (much a result of having mystery health issues I’m sure- I can relate).

Tom was quick to help a newbie and take the unpopular stance that a redial isn’t always a bad thing and if you like the watch, that’s all that matters. He was a counterpoint to a gaggle of obsessive collectors- he brought his own kind of obsession.

Tom was 57 years old….what the fuck!

Syrte, apsm100, McKnife and 32 others like this.
  3. Cenzo Feb 10, 2023

I didn't know Tom, but my condolences to all here who lost a friend.

I too, am 57. That's way too young to shuffle off this mortal coil. Enjoy everyday you find yourself on the right side of the dirt. Tomorrow is never guaranteed - take advantage of what today offers. May your fond memories of Tom help console all who knew him during this difficult time.

Omegafanman, NGO1, Geezer and 6 others like this.
  4. wagudc Feb 10, 2023

I am at a loss for words. I reminder to cherish every moment of life. I always enjoyed Tom's posts and we shared an interest in early computing. My condolences to friends and family.

RevZMan123 and JwRosenthal like this.
  5. TimeODanaos Feb 10, 2023

Thanks for bringing the news here, that's what makes a community - please channel my condolences and good wishes to Tom's family and friends, and that's going to include you too @RevZMan123 . My kind of feller, gone too soon.

watchyouwant and RevZMan123 like this.
  6. RevZMan123 Feb 10, 2023

Tom was certainly a wonderful and giving person. Once under his wing, you were in his circle. We hit it off and he often spoke of being in pain but tried not to make a big deal out of it. He loved his Schlitz for sure and would often make a beer run in the middle of a Facebook chat. I happily awaited his return. He certainly made it with what he had and was enjoying his new position as technical writer ... He even shared his recent resume that got him the job and his education was impressive for sure.

I'm glad to know he will be missed and that somehow I was given the honor of his friendship ... and passing along this terrible message.

NGO1, rendo, MDubs and 6 others like this.
  7. Dsloan Feb 10, 2023

I have a couple old college friends in a similar situation - tons of phantom health problems that are confounding diagnosis. All I can say is that it sucks going to doctors every month and not getting a diagnosis.

And dang, 57 is way too soon. My condolences to everyone here who knew him.

Syzygy, RevZMan123 and JwRosenthal like this.
  8. pdxleaf ... Feb 10, 2023

I only knew him as SkunkPrince. He was a Prince among Skunks.

Please add my condolences. Hopefully his family will find some small consolation knowing that his spirit will live on here and he will not be forgotten.

Omegafanman, Syzygy, Geezer and 4 others like this.
  9. sxl2004 Feb 10, 2023

My heartfelt condolences!!

10. RevZMan123 Feb 10, 2023

I sent his sister the link to this thread. Not sure if she will check or pass it on, but I certainly hope so, just so they can see the impact he had on our family & community.

blufinz52, iamvr, Syzygy and 6 others like this.
  11. Walrus Feb 10, 2023

One last mention. Tom had a great guitar collection we were discussing a trade at one time. He was into different music than I but he did agree this was one of the best passing on songs written, he could have been being nice but I’ll put it up for Tom.

allwoundup, blufinz52, MDubs and 2 others like this.
  12. Larry S Color Commentator for the Hyperbole. Feb 10, 2023

Always enjoyed his contributions. Terrible news. Condolences to his family and friends.

Joe_A and RevZMan123 like this.
  13. gbesq Feb 10, 2023

Tom was a man of strong convictions, not always agreeable, but a very decent guy who was quick to help newbies and established members alike. We chatted often on OF, both publicly and via PM. I will miss him. Erric, thank you for passing along the news of this very sad event and my condolences to you on the loss of your friend. My sympathies to Tom’s family as well. Let his passing be a reminder to all of us to live well and fully, to love those closest to us, to make good friends and keep them, to not waste time, and to help others, Rest in peace, Tom. You will be missed.

Paedipod, Tony C., YY77 and 10 others like this.
  14. wagudc Feb 10, 2023

Anyone know the origin of Tom's handle? Was he a fan of skunks? If so he would enjoy this photo of one of my favorite visitors to my backyard.

P8281435.JPG

Hetcins1, vibe, Geezer and 4 others like this.
  15. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Feb 10, 2023

Oh no, that is sad news. I only had a little bit of interaction with him off the forums (related to his job search), but I enjoyed his regular posts here on OF. He will be missed. Condolences to his family and loved ones.

16. stonestone Feb 10, 2023

So sad to hear this. May his memory be a blessing to his family and loved ones.

17. Evitzee Feb 10, 2023

I didn't know Tom but was always entertained by his informative posts. Condolences to his family, and I pray his soul rests in peace.

Cenzo likes this.
  18. fiberguy Feb 10, 2023

Sad to read this. I am to new here to know anyone well, but i am saddened all the same. Godspeed.

19. Scarecrow Boat Burt Macklin, FBI Feb 10, 2023

apsm100, tapaptpat, blueteg and 14 others like this.
  20. ghce Feb 10, 2023

Condolences, will, miss his take on life.

wagudc likes this.