Forums Latest Members

One year has passed since..(I joined this forum)

1. AveConscientia Jul 21, 2017

On July 21th 2016 I joined the Omega Forums while on vacation in Central Oregon(near Bend), and earlier that year I had really started to get into watches spurred by family history at the railroad, getting into WW1 watches with the fancy shrapnel guards. Before that point I had only owned Timexs and Casios. At first interest was only in the 1910s-1940s and absolutely nothing that was not mechanical. The watches I owned when I joined this forum were a 50s Pobeda, Gruen 510ss(was obsessed with Gruen), Limit 30s trench watch, a field watch, and a g shock. While on vacation I found a picture of a 50s pie pan Constellation and that watch sent me on a spiral. About two/three weeks later I joined this forum to get as much knowledge as I could and two to eye at the amazing watches. As I learned more and more I realized in general I really did prefer the styles of the 1970s and 1960s over the 50s and pre. What had me set is the Omega Geneve Dynamics. This led to Seikos with my purchase of a digital watch a M354 from Moonraker(Rest in peace Roger Moore). Soon I was spendy a lot a lot of time of EBay and with some help I felt I was really understanding the name of the game. I have always preferred older things and this hobby intensified it further. I have my eyes currently on a Mercedes W115. As summer closed was getting really into gadget like LCD watches of the 80s. It was not still the end of 2016 I would accept analog quartz wathces into my life again. By fall I had spent over half a year deep into research and felt a knew a okay amount. Soon a bought a Casio DBC-600(1985) which currently is still close to my favorite. More than watches I feel I have changed more over the last year than most of my life. I am still deep in Seiko land. I purchased my first Omega early this year mostly to see what the cheapest mens Omega(working) I could buy on EBay well about 65$. It is my basic dress watch and works quite well, but I am still dying for a Dynamic. These days brand and looks rule over any thing else. I am in the process of selling most of the watches I owned before joining the forums though expect my trench watch as that was the first vintage one I bought intentionally(g shock was 90s). I look back a year ago and I barely miss a thing. This forum has its up and downs, but one thing is for sure the people are the best around(even the five million douchy BMW drivers around here). Yeah what is with this forum and BMW? I don't have much royalty to any brand even though being a car nut. I hope we don't see anybody else here Gone Fishin'. Time has passed, but I still feel this forum lost something with Ulackfocus leaving in January. Thank you to everyone on this forum who has helped me learn the ropes. It is great to see a place of such passion even though you guys need some more 80s vibes. Thanks for the Journey, and hopefully much more to come. Here are some pictures. Currently my top three watches is the 1941 Wyler , Casio DBC-600, and the 1983 Seiko SQ 100 diver. Ave true to Omega Forums.
    IMG_3734.PNG IMG_3733.PNG IMG_1434.JPG IMG_1664.JPG IMG_2077.JPG IMG_2484.JPG IMG_2788.JPG IMG_2961.JPG IMG_3140.JPG IMG_3728.JPG
    IMG_3735.JPG

Edited Jul 21, 2017
    tapaptpat, ConElPueblo, Jwit and 5 others like this.
  2. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Jul 21, 2017

I can't wait to see what you acquire in Year 2 :D

That Martini Racing strap on the Seiko is nice!

AveConscientia likes this.
  3. AveConscientia Jul 21, 2017

I spent a while looking for the right one one that. Fit perfectly from my near fanboy levels of love for Porsche since I was a little kid. My favorite car of all time is 79-86 Porsche 930 black/maroon stock. Also perfectly matches with the bezel(I still have the original bracelet)

4. AveConscientia Jul 21, 2017

Better shot in the sun
    IMG_2919.JPG

tapaptpat and BlackTalon like this.