MAEN Skymaster

MAEN emailed me

E4B2711D-65E1-422E-82C3-4685AAB8E2BA.png

I got this email about the Hudson, I wonder if the "very exciting news" that they have about it is the same movement upgrade.

unnamed.jpg
Edited:

I got this email about the Hudson, I wonder if the "very exciting news" that they have about it is the same movement upgrade.

unnamed.jpg
Not sure, but for $750USD the Skymaster sounds like a bargain. Going to give it a go for my first chronograph.

Not sure, but for $750USD the Skymaster sounds like a bargain. Going to give it a go for my first chronograph.

You cannot go wrong for $750. I inherited a vintage Speedmaster, but don't have a nice diver. So I am going for the Hudson, but I am tempted by the Skymaster.

BTW, I spent more than $750 on repairs and service for the Speedmaster. I think we will be getting in on the early days of a new brand. Maen really nails the vintage vibe without outright copying an existing watch. It's a bit like Zeppelin, you could say that they just ripped off old Blues musicians, but they were more than that.

Curious about how many of the OF members backed this? I’ve been sitting in the fence not sure of the movement choice.

I think I was literally the first person to click to back the project. Wrote up a blog review for those interested. So far enjoying the watch. Changed the strap and looking at getting the bracelet,

Maen-Skymaster-Brown-Strap-Mirrored-Gold-Slider-www.axelbrass.com.jpg

@chanbar would you sharing the measurements of the inner clasp?

I'm trying to see if I could fit an EasyLink in there... and if I could would order the Bracelet.

clasp-measurement-jpeg.15498322.jpg

@chanbar would you sharing the measurements of the inner clasp?

I'm trying to see if I could fit an EasyLink in there... and if I could would order the Bracelet.

clasp-measurement-jpeg.15498322.jpg

see below. Of all the strap changes I’ve don’t the Skymaster is the toughest. A lot of people had the issues which I suppose has something to do with the spring bars? It looks great on the bracelet!

DD638B05-57EF-4239-B61C-66983FEBB3AA.jpeg

Thanks @chanbar ... that’s a strange measurement result.

Could the measuring tool be somewhat angled? I had thought it’d just under 16mm.

Very much appreciate you taking the time to measure!
Edited:

Thanks @chanbar ... that’s a strange measurement result.

Could the measuring tool be somewhat angled? I had thought it’d just under 16mm.

Very much appreciate you taking the time to measure!
Just over 16mm. See below shot

1A95978F-95B9-41B9-9402-8E91FBF60C41.jpeg

Thanks @chanbar for the measurements. I’m going to get the bracelet!
its a nice pairing. pain in the ass to put on, but i dont plan on swapping bracelets.