Forums Latest Members
  1. perks713 Oct 1, 2020

I haven't been able to find a lot of these listed with sold prices on the forums or on ebay so I was hoping to get some opinions here.

- Crystal looks like it's either shifted/placed wrong or after market. It looks like it could be signed but that could just be a continently placed scratch.
    - The case has some wear and tear but doesn't appear to be polished based on the available photos.
    - Movement looks fairly clean
    - Bracelet - I don't know what bracelet this is so I wasn't able to try and gauge it's value

It looks like it would clean up nicely after some poly-watch and a service but I'm not sure how to value it and what price makes sense, if anyone has thoughts I'd love to hear them so I can weigh my options and potentially bid.

upload_2020-10-1_9-49-54.png

upload_2020-10-1_9-50-28.png

upload_2020-10-1_9-51-49.png

2. Archer Omega Qualified Watchmaker Oct 1, 2020

This case reference doesn't come up with a magnifier crystal as available, so that could mean this is not an original crystal, or the crystal with the magnifier has been discontinued...

Everything else looks good - this is a less common dial variation in my view, so I agree hard to put a number on.

perks713 likes this.
  3. chipsotoole Oct 1, 2020

+1 on what Archer says...The white dial is uncommon and it's the drivers model designed to be worn on the inside of the wrist..though there isn't a minute counter if you're lapping at over 60 seconds. A paramedic posted here a while back and said it was his number one pulse taking instrument. I love chronostops, especially the bigger round cased models..the prices are edging ever upwards on these..driver models usually start around 700 USD for a fixer upper. The band is also unusual as I thought it originally came with shark mesh or the Dynamic bracelet style.....Nice condition somewhere a little north of 1000 USD I'd say...though there are lots of inflated prices on these, I'm not sure how many change hands for high asking prices. Mine says hello..
    IMG_1945.jpg

Edited Oct 1, 2020
    perks713 likes this.
  4. perks713 Oct 1, 2020

I love the idea of the driver, though I'm a little more hesitant to pick up watches with dates just because I find myself wearing them for a couple days a month at best and only when the date happens to line up, especially ones I can't toss on a winder ;) I think the magnifier window on the driver above is a real turn off esthetically, a new crystal will make a huge difference.

My Chronostop says hi back
    upload_2020-10-1_14-12-28.png

Archer did a great job fixing this one up for me 2 years ago, was my daily wearer for about a solid year after.

Edited Oct 1, 2020
  5. nicks Oct 1, 2020

image.jpeg I have been offered one of these, not a driver. It seems to have a different crystal than the OP's watch, and the Omega crystal etching is clear. Maybe relumed...

I can see it needs a service and it appears the pusher has been replaced (easy to find, I wonder?)