Looking at possible ebay purchase.. Seamaster Deville

I found an okay to me looking Omega Seamaster Deville and it'll be my first Omega purchase. From what I've learned/read this one appears mostly tamper free besides the generic watch band. They are looking for about 500 for it, it'll be a commonly wore watch. s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

Welcome to the forum. Dial isn't bad, but hands have some corrosion. pics could be better but we see what we need to here. Case has been very heavily polished. The sharp edges of the lugs and bezel are very rounded off. If you like it and it's running, make an offer of $350. I think you can find another in much better shape for $5-600. And always remember these will need a service, so factor that cost into your total output.

Welcome to the forum. Dial isn't bad, but hands have some corrosion. pics could be better but we see what we need to here. Case has been very heavily polished. The sharp edges of the lugs and bezel are very rounded off. If you like it and it's running, make an offer of $350. I think you can find another in much better shape for $5-600. And always remember these will need a service, so factor that cost into your total output.
Thanks for the reply, there isn't an offer option so I guess I'll skip over it. I'm not entirely sure what to look for yet. My budget is like 700 max so there's a lot of options. I can't find anything locally to look at so I have to resort to online. If anyone knows of a better option similar to this I'd gladly look!

Keep looking. Look at the sales section here. You can get a good idea of prices and condition. Really I’d say don’t be in a rush. With 700.00 you can find something nice.

Keep looking. Look at the sales section here. You can get a good idea of prices and condition. Really I’d say don’t be in a rush. With 700.00 you can find something nice.

100% agree with @JwRosenthal and @Walrus that you can find a better example of this for that kind of money. These aren't the most common thing on the market, but they aren't terribly rare by any means.

Yeah I already have seen a few nice looking watches for around 500 on here! I can't reply to anything yet but I am enjoying window shopping atm. I like the Seamasters with the minimal stuff on the dials.

It looks legit to me, but just not the most appealing or desirable example. It appears to be a US-cased DeVille with a low-jeweled movement, and the condition of the case is mediocre. Overall, this is the kind of watch you might consider if it were cheaper and you were on a tight budget and looking for a low entry point. I have no doubt you can find something nicer for $700.

Yeah I already have seen a few nice looking watches for around 500 on here! I can't reply to anything yet but I am enjoying window shopping atm. I like the Seamasters with the minimal stuff on the dials.
You can send a message to a seller here with an offer to buy, you just can’t sell something until 200 posts. Just click their avatar, and then select “send message”.

good luck!

Even if you don’t buy here I think you get an idea of more realistic prices and people are very good with describing the condition of the watches here for the most part. I’ve never sold but did buy a number of watches here. Not saying every seller here is a saint. Enjoy the hunt, there are plenty of places to find watches, that’s a big part of the funZ

Dumb question alert : is it not desirable for the case to be heavily polished?