Legit check help for a Vintage Seamaster from 1962

Hi everyone, I would like to ask about a vintage Seamaster that I’m thinking of getting. Appears to be a pre-Seamaster De-ville, with the sharp/curtain hook “S” in the Seamaster logo and the short “r”

Here's some info provided by the seller:

Year: 1962
Movement: Cal 562
Dial: 166.020
All parts original (Only the strap has been changed)
Last serviced in November 2023
Price: $860 USD

Pictures (It's the green strap one):
kah6KEX

https://imgur.com/a/kah6KEX

Still pretty new to this since it’s my first vintage Omega that I’m ever getting. Can anyone help see if everything checks out? Just wanna make sure before pulling the plug. Thanks guys
Edited:

Hello Mark

Let's wait for some other opinions but for me the dial should be a DeVille. Do you know if the crystal is original? the swiss made writtings seems to be hidden. bad ring on the crystal?

Hello Mark

Let's wait for some other opinions but for me the dial should be a DeVille. Do you know if the crystal is original? the swiss made writtings seems to be hidden. bad ring on the crystal?

I just asked the seller about the "hidden" swiss-made text, and he said it was due to the curvature of the crystal, so it ends up looking a little hidden underneath.

About the DeVille dial part, there exists 1962 pre-DeVille seamasters that don't have "DeVille" printed on the dial right?

yes but can we call them Deville? For me they are Seamasters like the 14765. it would be interesting to see the caseback. Seahorse or not?

Looks like a perfectly legitimate ‘pre’ DeVille. More Picts are required to see the condition of the case

yes but can we call them Deville? For me they are Seamasters like the 14765. it would be interesting to see the caseback. Seahorse or not?

Yep, there is a seahorse. There's a picture of the seahorse on the back of the case in the imgur link I attached above
n24FRMT

Looks like a perfectly legitimate ‘pre’ DeVille. More Picts are required to see the condition of the case
Sweet! Everything checks out? I had my doubts at first because I hadn't found an image of an exact duplicate of this watch online as a reference. I could find pre-DeVilles that look similar to this, but with ever so slightly different indices

Sweet! Everything checks out? I had my doubts at first because I hadn't found an image of an exact duplicate of this watch online as a reference. I could find pre-DeVilles that look similar to this, but with ever so slightly different indices

The lack of a minute track is concerning. It may be a genuine dial variation but imo more likely that the dial has been cleaned, removing the minute marks.

The lack of a minute track is concerning. It may be a genuine dial variation but imo more likely that the dial has been cleaned, removing the minute marks.

I think it's totally legit. Note this is a no lume dial with no lune stick hands. Just a dressier version of the more common variants with minute/second tracks and lume. Also note the onyx inserts at 3,6,9 and twelve. Very classy.

Capture d’écran 2024-01-08 à 00.55.46.png 1960 catalogue. the gold dial version doesn't seem to have minutes tracks.

I think it's totally legit. Note this is a no lume dial with no lune stick hands. Just a dressier version of the more common variants with minute/second tracks and lume. Also note the onyx inserts at 3,6,9 and twelve. Very classy.

Capture d’écran 2024-01-08 à 00.55.46.png 1960 catalogue. the gold dial version doesn't seem to have minutes tracks.

I think that’s a distinct possibility but I’d want to at least try and find a comparable example before committing.

Also, is this solid gold, if it is, $860 is a buy anyway. If it’s not, I’d be less confident with the dial being correcf

I think that’s a distinct possibility but I’d want to at least try and find a comparable example before committing.

Also, is this solid gold, if it is, $860 is a buy anyway. If it’s not, I’d be less confident with the dial being correcf

I came across a pretty similar one in this thread. It's the third last picture on the page. In fact the whole thread was discussing dials with no minute markers. Seems to be a thing
https://omegaforums.net/threads/omega-seamaster-“linen-dial”-without-minute-markers.117899/

It has identical indices with the onyx on the 3, 6, 9, 12 markers, and no minute markers too. Different dial though, it has a striped pattern. The "Swiss-made" text also seems to be somewhat hidden (like mine), but we now know that's just caused by refraction by the crystal. But it has different hands, and the lugs and crown are different from mine. Do we have to care about that? Or we only compare the dial itself?
Edited:

I would appreciate if you give me any credit(s) for that.::psy::
Whoops! My mistake. Will give credit in the future :thumbsup:

it might be the service dial from omega?
What makes you say that? Genuinely curious. I'm not good at spotting service dials for vintage omegas

Do you research another examples (in the same reference) with the dial pattern like yours? :D
Been searching on the internet, and so far your thread has been the most informative when it comes to dials with no minute markers. Still trying to find out more though :unsure:

I am just a newbie.

For me, dome dial with the onyx inserts at 3,6,9 and 12 o’clock doesn’t special enough.
We have seen the same onyx pattern in many watches.

Also, please compare to another dome dial with the blur image. The same dome dial, but “with” minute markers.
3C8986CE-84A2-4594-A2BD-8AC1AC93E2A3.jpeg

However, It’s just my guess.;)
Let wait for many experts here.