Jean Rousseau Straps

Very polite and good service but there are some other good options that are less expensive
Cheers

Very polite and good service but there are some other good options that are less expensive
Cheers
I suppose it's all a matter of preference and I don't want to be a JR fanboy but.... thier cordura straps are by far the most comfortable straps I've worn which is why I'm going with them this time. Lots of people say there are better options but its tough to find a quality strap that is also made for omegas fold over clasp (especially in 19mm) And when I do find a decent strap the price isnt too far of from JR so at that point I figure why not just spend a little extra to get exactly what I want.

I have the black Omega Snoopy (made by them) on my 3592.50:

IMG_1712.jpeg

and the exact band in blue (custom ordered to them) on my GMT 2535:

IMG_1668.jpeg

Cheers

I don't think I'd buy a leather strap from them - the straps that came with both Speedy Tuesdays aren't very good IMO (though they 1. may not be made by JR and 2. may be made to a cost for the ST line) but there's nowhere else you can get their lovely coated nylon straps. There are Cordura imitators that give a similar look for a fraction of the price but trust me when I say they're nowhere near as well-made, durable, or comfortable on the wrist.

Have their prices gone up? I inquired about the blue cordura and the lady via email was extremely nice but they wanted 6 - 8 weeks to custom make and wanted 250. I got the omega one in a week from my AD for 230

Jean Rousseau definitely raised their prices in the last year or so. The custom Cordura straps used to be below $200 but either supply and demand or word from their Omega partners have seemingly pushed the price upwards. Conversely I haven't seen any similar price changes to straps in other materials.

That being said, their cordura models are the finest on the market IMO. The combination of padding, material, look, feel, durability and details is unmatched. And while their ST straps were indeed a bit of a letdown I ascribe that more to the design approved by Omega for those LEs. If the ST2 came with a 20mm version of the new calf Rallye strap that comes on the Speedy Racing Master Coax models that would've been a much better choice than the vintage-style strap as the new Rallye strap has the super comfy and cool-looking orange interior padding which is visible through the ventilation holes.

As for the plastic inserts for the 19mm straps - JR actually has to source them from Omega. Since there are far fewer 19mm straps vs 20mm straps the supply isn't as free flowing. When JR started making the custom 20mm straps they initially didn't offer the plastic inserts, but only later they began the practice and at first ONLY if you could provide them with a strap model number for them to reference with Omega to order the exact insert. A similar practice might be needed again for the 19mm straps where you will have to have an Omega reference number on hand so JR can get the exact part from that strap when making the custom model.

three weeks delivery is not bad at all. I wonder if it applies to USA delivery too

As for the plastic inserts for the 19mm straps
I actually did supply omega part numbers but they claimed they never made them with plastic inserts. Then I mentioned the snoopy (with Part number) and was told the same thing. Later I asked a few people with 19mm omega JR straps and everyone said the same thing, which is there are no inserts.

So my conclusion is...... inserts ain't happening Haha. I expect an email tomorrow to complete the transaction. Ordering this strap has been a painful process. About 6 emails that take anywhere between an hour to 9 days in between each reply 😡 The bespoke order form is quite detailed so I'm not exactly positive why this went beyond 2 emails after they received all the information from me via that form.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Jean Rosseau for a bespoke leather strap? I'm exasperated after two months of back and forth with them and I would LOVE to find an alternative.

I emailed JR on May 2nd requesting a replica Apollo 8 strap specifically for use with a folding clasp (sadly, the OE strap is only available with a tang buckle).
Over the ensuing nine weeks, I've spoken with them several times and we've exchanged ~40 emails. We agreed on a design. They confirmed the details. They invoiced me on June 18. I remitted payment on June 18. They estimated a six week turn around. Three weeks later, on July 5th, they emailed to let me know they are unable to make the strap for use with a folding clasp. WTF?! I thought I was being punked (were it April 1st, I would have assumed it was a joke). Regardless, it's as catastrophic a customer service failure as I can remember. Utterly infuriating and a collosal waste of time.

Any assistance would be HUGELY appreciated.

Yours in the bonds,
Frank Amoroso

I would recommend nostime.com for custom straps, especially for Omega deployant clasps. Handmade to your specs and great quality. I had a green shell cordovan, tan barenia, and a Red Wing nubuck brown leather straps made, and love them all. It takes about one week to produce.

Can anyone recommend an alternative to Jean Rosseau for a bespoke leather strap? I'm exasperated after two months of back and forth with them and I would LOVE to find an alternative.

I emailed JR on May 2nd requesting a replica Apollo 8 strap specifically for use with a folding clasp (sadly, the OE strap is only available with a tang buckle).
Over the ensuing nine weeks, I've spoken with them several times and we've exchanged ~40 emails. We agreed on a design. They confirmed the details. They invoiced me on June 18. I remitted payment on June 18. They estimated a six week turn around. Three weeks later, on July 5th, they emailed to let me know they are unable to make the strap for use with a folding clasp. WTF?! I thought I was being punked (were it April 1st, I would have assumed it was a joke). Regardless, it's as catastrophic a customer service failure as I can remember. Utterly infuriating and a collosal waste of time.

Any assistance would be HUGELY appreciated.

Yours in the bonds,
Frank Amoroso

It looks like we can now order the deployant version of the strap from Omega and the matching clasp as well. The second strap in the photo is the deployant version. The first clasp in the list is the one from the original DSOTM. Warning, these are expensive. I am pursuing both from my AD. F17953A3-9C28-4D75-AA94-C98806C4DC2E.png FA432C95-01B2-464C-B1AF-19CD869C8E94.png

It looks like we can now order the deployant version of the strap from Omega and the matching clasp as well. The second strap in the photo is the deployant version. The first clasp in the list is the one from the original DSOTM. Warning, these are expensive. I am pursuing both from my AD. F17953A3-9C28-4D75-AA94-C98806C4DC2E.png FA432C95-01B2-464C-B1AF-19CD869C8E94.png

Oh geez. THANKS! I wish I would have known this two months ago!

Is there a part number for a short version?

The rubber lining is really incongruous
Just received my Jean Rousseau strap for my Omega NTTD Diver. Question for you, did your strap have cutouts for the end that attaches to the Omega deployant clasp? Nervous about removing the springbar in the clasp and scratching the clasp and disfiguring the strap.

Just received my Jean Rousseau strap for my Omega NTTD Diver. Question for you, did your strap have cutouts for the end that attaches to the Omega deployant clasp? Nervous about removing the springbar in the clasp and scratching the clasp and disfiguring the strap.
When you order the strap you choose which end. Deployant style(there are a few), or Buckle.

When you order the strap you choose which end. Deployant style(there are a few), or Buckle.
Thanks, you answered my question. I looked at my order and I ordered the Silver Buckle option however they didn't include the buckle. Because of this I considered installing on my deployant clasp. I emailed Jean Rousseau asking how to get the buckle separately and haven't heard back yet. A little backstory, I emailed them asking for a status update before the strap shipped, and asked if springbars were included and if I could get quick release springbars. To their credit they installed quick release springbars free of charge but didn't include the buckle. Hopefully hear back from them soon. Cheers.

This just in! Can you spot a problem here? 😀

Posting just because it literally made me laugh when I opened the package, and their response to my follow-up has been absolutely superb; they're sending me a FedEx return label, etc.

IMG_5061.jpeg