Jean Rousseau Straps

I love all my JR straps but I would have asked for a partial refund and punched my own holes haha

This just in! Can you spot a problem here? 😀

Posting just because it literally made me laugh when I opened the package, and their response to my follow-up has been absolutely superb; they're sending me a FedEx return label, etc.

IMG_5061.jpeg
Well actually, they often make bespoke straps without holes so that the customer can come in and only one or two holes get pierced on demand exactly where the customer’s wrist needs them. of course for a mail order that qualifies as a glitch.

This just in! Can you spot a problem here? 😀

Posting just because it literally made me laugh when I opened the package, and their response to my follow-up has been absolutely superb; they're sending me a FedEx return label, etc.

IMG_5061.jpeg
I missed the holes… the stitching on the lower right is atrocious!!!

I missed the holes… the stitching on the lower right is atrocious!!!

Good eyes! I missed that, but looking at it in real life, you're quite right. For me, it's totally within my range of acceptability. The holes, however... gotta get summa dem put in! LOL

Three months... three months for this! Oh well, I must admit, the leather is insanely lovely in hand, and I have a fun story now!

Good eyes! I missed that, but looking at it in real life, you're quite right. For me, it's totally within my range of acceptability. The holes, however... gotta get summa dem put in! LOL

Three months... three months for this! Oh well, I must admit, the leather is insanely lovely in hand, and I have a fun story now!
The holes are a laugh, but I have to agree with Foo on the stitching. If it were a $40 eBay strap by a weekend leather man-, then ok- nice attempt. But for the money they sell for- no way! That should have gone in the seconds bin.

The holes are a laugh, but I have to agree with Foo on the stitching. If it were a $40 eBay strap by a weekend leather man-, then ok- nice attempt. But for the money they sell for- no way! That should have gone in the seconds bin.

While I don't disagree it's not up to Jean Rousseau standards, it doesn't bother me enough to raise it with them (and honestly, with my eyesight, I'd have never noticed it!) Now, if this was lint on the inside of a crystal... [insert mushroom cloud gif]

three weeks delivery is not bad at all. I wonder if it applies to USA delivery too

I am in the USA, and ordered a 'Snoopy' from JR about a month ago and haven't heard anything yet. I recently asked them for an ETA but alas, nothing...

** - Oct 26th - several e-mails and still nothing.....
Edited:

I ordered one of the omega deployant style in padded black cordura.
When it was ordered I wanted it more like the Snoopy or Aston Martin strap. These were made by jean Roseau originally.
When ordering I emailed sales to ensure that it was as close to the Omega strap as possible and the salesperson said wouldn't be a problem.
It took 6 weeks and cost usd $279 and when it showed up, I can't say I love it. The top end of the straps where it attaches to the lugs is very thin very much unlike the Omega versions. It's kinda thing and somewhat delicate looking and the fabric weave is very thin.
The rubber that surrounds the pin holes is very very thin and the stitching isn't straight.
This was something I really didn't notice at first and I installed it on the watch and wore it so I couldn't complain.
All in all the quality of this strap is good but it wasn't what I was looking for but that's subjective I guess.
I wear it on either a dynamic or PO and although they look nice, it sits in my strap box more often than not.
Here's a photo looking down, see how thin it is? And then other is a photo of it when I got it.
20210520_171914.jpg
20210124_110528.jpg

Out of curiosity has anyone done me a bespoke strap in London with JR? If so what is the price? I plan to go to their store tomorrow to look at a strap for my Reverso, will probably look at the off the shelves strap. But would be good to know what it cost for a bespoke.

Out of curiosity has anyone done me a bespoke strap in London with JR? If so what is the price? I plan to go to their store tomorrow to look at a strap for my Reverso, will probably look at the off the shelves strap. But would be good to know what it cost for a bespoke.
I ordered thru the New York store online and they said the Cordura straps were made at the Paris location only. Not sure what material you're looking to use. That said it cost me 240 usd for Cordura with calf skin made for an Omega folding clasp. That price would be higher if you add one of their buckles. Again, this for a bespoke Cordura haha.

They really are beautiful straps and. Cannot be faulted at their price point

IMG_4986.JPG IMG_9253.JPG
Nice Ingenieur. That sweep is uncommon.

When it was ordered I wanted it more like the Snoopy or Aston Martin strap. These were made by jean Roseau originally.
When ordering I emailed sales to ensure that it was as close to the Omega strap as possible and the salesperson said wouldn't be a problem.
It took 6 weeks and cost usd $279 and when it showed up, I can't say I love it. The top end of the straps where it attaches to the lugs is very thin very much unlike the Omega versions. It's kinda thing and somewhat delicate looking and the fabric weave is very thin.
The rubber that surrounds the pin holes is very very thin and the stitching isn't straight.
This was something I really didn't notice at first and I installed it on the watch and wore it so I couldn't complain.
All in all the quality of this strap is good but it wasn't what I was looking for but that's subjective I guess.
I wear it on either a dynamic or PO and although they look nice, it sits in my strap box more often than not.
Here's a photo looking down, see how thin it is? And then other is a photo of it when I got it.
20210520_171914.jpg
20210124_110528.jpg

I too am interested in Cordura strap options.

Unlike the Omega strap, there is no edge stitching on this one you have from Rousseau. Looks to be glued only, looking at the shape of, and around, the padded section?

I imagine it was not what you requested?

Unlike the Omega strap, there is no edge stitching on this one you have from Rousseau. Looks to be glued only, looking at the shape of, and around, the padded section?

You have the option for what type of edge stitch you want when ordering a bespoke strap. I personally prefer it without, actually!

I passed by the Rousseau boutique in London yesterday. I must say on looking at the straps they didn't look any better than the Alligator one I purchased via Vietnam Creations for £25. Given that the JR ones retain for considerably more I don't think they are worth the extra money.

Years ago I purchased a strap from T&H whos straps, I believe, are made from JR. It's good quality and well made IMO but incredibly stiff even after all these years.

I passed by the Rousseau boutique in London yesterday. I must say on looking at the straps they didn't look any better than the Alligator one I purchased via Vietnam Creations for £25. Given that the JR ones retain for considerably more I don't think they are worth the extra money.
I think it depends what you’re looking for.

First of all Jean Rousseau hides have CITES certification meaning you know they’ve been imported legally in keeping with wildlife protection quotas.
And second Jean Rousseau for me have been great at special project straps, with complex specs- not sure you’d necessarily have as much control with more distant providers.

That being said I’ve used a great vietnamese craftsman for shark skin straps.

I think it depends what you’re looking for.

First of all Jean Rousseau hides have CITES certification meaning you know they’ve been imported legally in keeping with wildlife protection quotas.
And second Jean Rousseau for me have been great at special project straps, with complex specs- not sure you’d necessarily have as much control with more distant providers.

That being said I’ve used a great vietnamese craftsman for shark skin straps.

Yeah I can see the appeal for special products. I was really just going on the appearance of the leather and the finishing.

I too am interested in Cordura strap options.

sorry, I never saw this reply until now.
No, I wanted one more like the snoopy strap with stitching down the edges, I guess I missed that in the order form.
I don't like this one much still, I revisited it again but It is still sitting in my watch box... nearly new. If I had a fancier, thinner watch, I think it would be fine but doesn't really work well on the sport models.
I would have sourced an omega branded one NOS instead if Id have known, as I spend quite a bit on it.

20210520_171914.jpg
20210124_110528.jpg

I ordered the same cordura strap from JR in London but with white stitching for my Mitsukoshi mod. I have to say I agree with your sentiment, I ended up sending it back as I felt there was way too much space/air between the lugs above the spring bar. I also ordered the smaller size which was a mistake as it was too small for me (7 inch wrist). If I'd liked the strap I would have swapped for the larger size but as it was I asked, and received, a full refund