Jean Rousseau Straps

The quick release Spring bars are also worth considering in my opinion as well, really allow quick changes of straps. Fortunately I have a deployant pre-installed on each strap, otherwise I may have considered the buckle option for ease.

I've been communicating back and forth about a black coated (similar to Omega NATO) strap. I want one without the second flap of cloth. The photos of their work and reports are all very positive. I should be ready to purchase after the next email exchange. Once I take delivery, I'll post it up.

I've been communicating back and forth about a black coated (similar to Omega NATO) strap. I want one without the second flap of cloth. The photos of their work and reports are all very positive. I should be ready to purchase after the next email exchange. Once I take delivery, I'll post it up.
I had one made a long time ago which is just a single pass without the underneath wrapping extension. With some watches it will look a bit off due to the absence of the cloth keepers pressing the strap down at the springbar junction, luckily with a LLD the lugs are long enough and the springbar placement in enough to mitigate any effects.

372070-5d1c78b48e72d73689388776d469c5d4.jpg
372154-dd73011ff225bf1050102bba96b3e7bb.jpg

Funny thing is getting this made was a custom order, so less material cost more than the factory option. Next time I order one I'll probably just ge tthe default option and snip off the extra flap by myself.

I've already committed to getting just what you have @yinzerniner I've spent so much time going back and forth with Kelly Ann, I wouldn't feel right cancelling the order now.

That is a nice looker you have by the way. Have you worn that strap a lot (since you mentioned you've had it for a while)?

Going to start an exchange with the JR folks today on a rubber-backed strap for my AT – really glad I found this thread.

My wife is visiting London later this week. Does anyone know if they would have ready-to-wear straps with the quick-release springars for sale in their London boutique?
Edited:

My wife is visiting London later this week. Does anyone know if they would have ready-to-wear straps with the quick-release springboard for sale in their London boutique?

They may, you can reach out to them ahead of time and ask them what they have in stock

As somebody looking to maybe get the FOIS because I like brown leather straps, I'm now thinking about getting a Moonwatch and putting one of these straps on instead. They look fantastic, and from what I hear the FOIS leather strap is not that great.

As somebody looking to maybe get the FOIS because I like brown leather straps, I'm now thinking about getting a Moonwatch and putting one of these straps on instead. They look fantastic, and from what I hear the FOIS leather strap is not that great.

Once you buy a watch - any watch (save maybe those Swatches with their weird bands and a few other models) - you can put it on whatever strap you like. So, a common piece of advice is to buy your watch on a bracelet, since that would be quite expensive to remedy should you buy it on a strap and then decide to give it a go on a bracelet in the future.

To the contrary I regularly wear the FOIS strap on my Camaro (19mm lug width) and find it to be superior to almost any other strap I've fitted. The strap itself has ample padding, and the black liner leather is not too soft and/or hard so it doesn't wear out quickly or feel harsh on the wrist.
The leather itself wears in beautifully and only looks better after a few marks, which are easily remedied with a bit of leather oil.
258301-8b14f4564078a841aa8b0d689705244a.jpg

Once you buy a watch - any watch (save maybe those Swatches with their weird bands and a few other models) - you can put it on whatever strap you like. So, a common piece of advice is to buy your watch on a bracelet, since that would be quite expensive to remedy should you buy it on a strap and then decide to give it a go on a bracelet in the future.

That makes a lot of sense. Is the Moonwatch the same price as the FOIS because the sapphire makes up for the hesalite?

That Camaro does look very nice with the brown leather strap, yinzerniner. I wonder why some people don't have any love for the FOIS strap?

That Camaro does look very nice with the brown leather strap, yinzerniner. I wonder why some people don't have any love for the FOIS strap?[/QUOTE]
I believe that Jean Rosseau is the original manufacturer for the FOIS strap and I personally like it; it gets better as it becomes more worn and aged.

Is the Moonwatch the same price as the FOIS because the sapphire makes up for the hesalite?

Nope, Omega sets pricing based on maximizing units sold one would assume. It has very little to do with parts / materials costs

Didnt want to start a new JR thread. Has anyone had a cordura strap made in 19mm? Did it have the plastic spring bar inserts like the snoopy strap has?

Didnt want to start a new JR thread. Has anyone had a cordura strap made in 19mm? Did it have the plastic spring bar inserts like the snoopy strap has?

I just received one that I had custom made in 19mm for my Planet Ocean. It doesn’t have the inserts, just regular ends. The funny thing is that they forgot to punch the buckle holes on the other half so I had to send it back 🤦

opS7IvK.jpg

The funny thing is that they forgot to punch the buckle holes on the other half so I had to send it back 🤦

Not gonna lie but dealing with them via email has been painful. After filling out the bespoke order form which is 307 bazillion questions they still got me scratching my head thinking the strap isn't gonna come the way I want it 😕 .

But I wanted to ask about the inserts cause the price is the same for a 20mm with them and a 19mm without them which in my opinion is not right since I like the added strength and form the inserts give. So I'm getting less for the same price 😉

Have their prices gone up? I inquired about the blue cordura and the lady via email was extremely nice but they wanted 6 - 8 weeks to custom make and wanted 250. I got the omega one in a week from my AD for 230

Have their prices gone up? I inquired about the blue cordura and the lady via email was extremely nice but they wanted 6 - 8 weeks to custom make and wanted 250. I got the omega one in a week from my AD for 230
Same here, 230, one week for a snoopy. I just ok'ed with them a 19mm black stitching on black and its 250, 4 weeks.

Wow! I just noticed this thread again, and in particular that I never followed up with mine. Here are the promised photos:

jr1.jpg

jr2.jpg jr3.jpg

jr5.jpg jr6.jpg