Forums Latest Members
  1. connieseamaster Jun 18, 2019

I bought a Dynamic from closer about a year ago, probably overpaid by about 20%, but I can't argue with the condition of the watch or shipping speed.

DaveK and thelinendial like this.
  2. JohnnyRocket Jun 24, 2019

My past experience and research has indeed shown the above. The sellers are generally very honest in any depiction of items. Prices can be slightly higher
    Depending on the stripe of horse you’re looking for.
    Lately I’ve been contemplating a Z-33 to go with my collection of X-33 watches
    Hmmm....Maybe ....Probably...most likely Ya!

Axel Brass and thelinendial like this.
  3. thelinendial Jun 24, 2019

How did you avoid the import charge? Just luck of the draw? We get dinged with high import taxes in Canada.

Axel Brass and DaveK like this.
  4. thelinendial Jun 24, 2019

My friend routinely goes to Japan and tells me the culture is very important and one of the watch benefits aspects is being meticulous.

His generalization was Japanese people take great care of their valuables and feel really really bad selling it to you with even the most minor of damage. They’ll point it out to you and offer it lower price.

Next time he goes provided cash flow I plan to order from one of the Japanese eBay sellers and ship it to his hotel to bring back.

Axel Brass likes this.
  5. JohnnyRocket Jun 25, 2019

Yep...
    I went and did it! I acquired a very good to near mint condition Z33 from a Japanese Seller recently. The seller was very helpful in all facets of the
    Transaction and a great source of information.
    The price point was I believe very reasonable for the condition of the watch.
    There was also a good return policy should it be needed, and very agreeable
    Shipping costs.
    I should receive it soon. It will look amazing next to my X-33 collection.
    Waiting and Watching...pardon the pun.

Axel Brass and thelinendial like this.
  6. TheDuke1979 Aug 28, 2019

Have seen some very tempting offers on elady. Curious to hear about any UK buyers experiences though, do the usual import taxes/vat issues still apply? The list prices look great, but not so much once you factor in the circa 22% additional charges associated with the above.

Axel Brass likes this.
  7. squarelug Aug 28, 2019

I think I need to take a trip to Tokyo

Axel Brass likes this.
  8. TheDuke1979 Aug 28, 2019

I’ve got some friends heading over for the rugby World Cup, wondering if something could be arranged.....!

Axel Brass likes this.
  9. impalla62ss Aug 28, 2019

I recently purchased a SMP 2531.80 from closer and the transaction went very well. The watch is in great shape, I paid no duty (in the US), and it is in much better condition that watches for the same price sold listings on eBay. I would definitely buy from him again.

Axel Brass and TheDuke1979 like this.
  10. kip595 Nov 13, 2019

Considering a rather rough/worn looking Seamaster 200 from closer now. Aprox 450 USD, hands look rough, can't tell if the case was an old polish or just very worn. Any suggestions? i plan to direct message some questions; has anyone dealt with them prior to a purchase before? (Sorry if I've missed any previous comments on such.)

Axel Brass likes this.
  11. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 13, 2019

Them as in Japanese?
    No issues at all, regularly buy fishing gear and camera equipment from Japanese sellers.
    Been there for work an lovely people and never had a issue.

Axel Brass and makaria indica like this.
  12. kip595 Nov 13, 2019

My apologies, the ebay seller closer0924 located in Japan.

I agree with your statements STANDY, great people and a beautiful country to boot.

Axel Brass likes this.
  13. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 14, 2019

Axel Brass and kip595 like this.
  14. impalla62ss Nov 14, 2019

I had several questions for Closer on my SMP. He answered quickly and the customer service was great. They even delayed sending the watch until they were certain my concerns had been addressed. I would buy from him again.

Axel Brass likes this.
  15. connieseamaster Nov 14, 2019

https://omegaforums.net/threads/japanese-ebay-sellers.96876/page-3#post-1261891

16. kip595 Nov 14, 2019

C'est la vie, the 200 sold before I even got in from work today.

"On to the next one..." -Jay Z

17. makaria indica Nov 14, 2019

I spent a few years amassing a large collection of Japanese casting lures from one of the lure makers at the forefront of GT popping, about 90% of the collection was sourced from Japan. Never once did I have an issues in over 100 transactions.

FULL SET CARPENTERS.jpeg

Mark020 and Muddlerminnow like this.
  18. Njnjcfp88 Nov 14, 2019

I’ve bought three vintage watches from Closer0924in the last year Two IWC and 1 Seiko. Very good deals and ..Arrived quickly and in great condition. Some wiggle room on prices.

Axel Brass likes this.
  19. mickygee Nov 14, 2019

the only caution i would recommend from what i've seen of Japanese sellers is that they tend to Polish the cases, sometimes to extreme. i personally would prefer an original beat up case

Axel Brass likes this.
  20. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Nov 15, 2019

have a stash of LE west coast poppers, Mrs STANDY got a few for my birthday years ago and he thought it was so cool of her he threw one extra in :thumbsup:

8ADD2DA0-F94A-4BCF-8D2F-C071076EBE2A.jpeg

if you want I can dig them out and take some picks

makaria indica likes this.