Is this watch worth getting? Seamaster Deville Tiffany n Co dial

1. Return this watch!!!!!!
2. Read "Learn how to fish" thread at top of vintage forum 5 times, and take notes
3. Follow the "Recommended listings on ebay" thread here for several months to get a feel for what a decent watch looks like, consider buying one of those which are vetted by the experienced mods who kindly share this information for new members
4. Find a reference you like, research it thoroughly to become familiar with how it should look
5. Ask here BEFORE you buy if you are considering a watch not already vetted on item 3 above
6. Sell a car or motorcycle or some other collection as you will need way more cash for this hobby that you can imagine- there is no such thing as buying just 1 watch.
Welcome to OF stick around and you will learn and enjoy!!
Haha thank you, certainly learned my lesson with this one.

Update : It successfully passed ebay authentication! Kinda surprised

Haha thank you, certainly learned my lesson with this one.

Update : It successfully passed ebay authentication! Kinda surprised
The watch appears authentic.

Even the crown? That was my biggest doubt
It's an authentic Omega crown, just not the original one, so it's totally legit as far as an authenticator is concerned. And for a vintage watch, authentication doesn't extend to details like a replacement crown anyway. The details of authentication are explained on the eBay website.

It's an authentic Omega crown, just not the original one, so it's totally legit as far as an authenticator is concerned. And for a vintage watch, authentication doesn't extend to details like a replacement crown anyway. The details of authentication are explained on the eBay website.
That makes sense, thank you!

Agree with Dan. eBay’s process is not to say if you made a good buy but if it is fake.

Either way you shouldn’t be buying watches expecting return policy of seller and eBay to protect you. You need to be doing your diligence before hand and confident in your purchase. If I were seller I would be pretty angry at you and I think rightfully so if you return since all these issues were very visible in pictures.

Agree with Dan. eBay’s process is not to say if you made a good buy but if it is fake.

Either way you shouldn’t be buying watches expecting return policy of seller and eBay to protect you. You need to be doing your diligence before hand and confident in your purchase. If I were seller I would be pretty angry at you and I think rightfully so if you return since all these issues were very visible in pictures.
I get that ebay's process of authentication it to just authenticate it, and it's right to mark it as real. I think the seller is at fault here, because based on a lengthy telephonic conversation I had with the seller, he assured me that no part on the watch has been changed nor the watch been polished. I have it in writing as well. The crown not being original essentially means the watch is not what the seller is claiming to be.

I admit that I should've asked here before I made this purchase, that's on me.

Not every seller is a vintage Omega expert. The crown is an original crown (ie genuine), but not the original or correct crown.
The issue around condition and whether it’s polished or not is clearly visible so I agree, although eBay’s return policy is a nice safety blanket, it shouldn’t be used to mess sellers around.

Condition and polishing is also prone to subjectivity. There are very experienced collectors on this forum who in all good faith describe watches as “likely unpolished/sharp case” etc when they have clearly been polished and the case are actually very soft. If experienced collectors can do this, it’s hardly surprising that generic sellers who a) are being positive about an item they have for sale, and b) don’t have the Omega specific knowledge of collectors, aren’t able to identify an unpolished case.

Ultimately, you need to do your own due diligence and not rely on seller descriptions. That due diligence may be from research and acquired knowledge or from asking questions of other members of the forum.

I get that ebay's process of authentication it to just authenticate it, and it's right to mark it as real. I think the seller is at fault here, because based on a lengthy telephonic conversation I had with the seller, he assured me that no part on the watch has been changed nor the watch been polished. I have it in writing as well. The crown not being original essentially means the watch is not what the seller is claiming to be.

I admit that I should've asked here before I made this purchase, that's on me.

It is an omega crown just the wrong one so not sure you can hold them against the seller as much as you are. Yes it has been polished but on a 50 year old watch that is not easy for everyone to know. You honestly are lucky on this one and the fact that the absurd original list price of 20k and discount to 3k didn’t raise flags is shocking. The pricing shown in pic below is absurd.

It is an omega crown just the wrong one so not sure you can hold them against the seller as much as you are. Yes it has been polished but on a 50 year old watch that is not easy for everyone to know. You honestly are lucky on this one and the fact that the absurd original list price of 20k and discount to 3k didn’t raise flags is shocking. The pricing shown in pic below is absurd.
I had a telephonic conversation with the seller and one over email, where he had assured me that the none of the parts have been replaced except the strap. Not asking on this forum before was my oversight

I had a telephonic conversation with the seller and one over email, where he had assured me that the none of the parts have been replaced except the strap. Not asking on this forum before was my oversight
Did you manage to get this resolved in the end last year and what price was he asking in the listing for this?

Noob tax. I have some magic beans I’ll sell you for $5k reduced from twelvety million dollars.

Did you manage to get this resolved in the end last year and what price was he asking in the listing for this?
Yeah I did manage to get this resolved! I think I paid around 1500$ for this. It's currently with an independant watch maker for service, hoping to receive it at the end of this month!

Yeah I did manage to get this resolved! I think I paid around 1500$ for this. It's currently with an independant watch maker for service, hoping to receive it at the end of this month!
Oh my bad, I had another post for a different listing with a much better watch which is the one I ended up getting. As for this one, I did end up returning it, I think it was 2800$ if memory serves correctly