Is this watch worth getting? Seamaster Deville Tiffany n Co dial

I recently purchased this Omega Seamaster Deville Tiffany n Co. Dial, ref. C6865 ; https://www.ebay.com/itm/1663084566...p5vfbx-qeu&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY;
I know that the strap is aftermarket, I intend to get a leather strap and a period appropriate buckle. But was wondering if anyone could spot any other issues with it? It's currently undergoing ebay authentication and the seller has provided me with 30 days of free returns if I have any issues upon receiving it. It comes with original box and was recently serviced by an Omega authorized watchmaker in August 2023.

Any guidance would be appreciated!
Edited:

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
Appears to be a gold filled case with damaged lugs. Worth less than 10% of the silly $3k asking price.

Even if perfect these are perhaps $1200-1500 watches. Should be and likely is a 14K case, all of the ones which have passed through my hands over the years were, at least a half-dozen.

That box isn't even from the correct decade (1970s). Basically just crap added to up the perceived value.

If you paid anywhere near the asking priced you got f***ed without lube.

Seller is clueless based on their description anyway.

1950 Omega Seamaster Deville Day-Date by Tiffany & Co. 841026 , 34mm, Gold Dial, 14K W/ Box & Dust Bag

• Brand: Omega for Tiffany & Co.
• Model: Seamaster De-Ville
• Reference#: 841026
• Serial#: *********
• Case Material: Stainless Steel w/ Gold Tone
• Crystal: Garnet Glass
• Movement: Automatic
• Band: Aftermarket Adjustable, 10K & Stainless Steel
• Wrist Size (Approximate): 6.50 inches
• Case Size: 34.00 mm
• Bezel: Smooth Yellow Gold Tone Bezel
• Dial: Gold Tone Dial
• Total Weight: 65.0 grams
• Box/Papers: Original Box, Dust Bag & Service Paper
• Swiss Made

Condition Description:
The crystal of the watch is in excellent condition with visible signs of surface scratching. The casing, bezel, and bracelet are in good cosmetic condition with minor visible signs of surface scratching from previous ownership.

Correct period boxes.

IMG_9154.JPG
Edited:

Yeah i was aware that the watch is from 1974 than anywhere close to 1950.I admit I was not aware of the box not being period appropriate.

What concerns me is that the crown doesn't look super right to me. I also asked about the case being polished to which he assured me that everything apart from the strap was original but do you guys think it's over polished?

That crown is the least of concerns.

On the positive side, @X350 XJR ’s colorful and anatomically accurate post has me mopping coffee off the floor.

That crown is the least of concerns.

On the positive side, @X350 XJR ’s colorful and anatomically accurate post has me mopping coffee off the floor.
So are you saying the crown isn't correct at all?

If you are able to return it and get a refund, run, don't walk.

Yeah i was aware that the watch is from 1974 than anywhere close to 1950.I admit I was not aware of the box not being period appropriate.
What concerns me is that the crown doesn't look super right to me. I also asked about the case being polished to which he assured me that everything apart from the strap was original but do you guys think it's over polished?
Please post better photos.

I'm curious if the ebay authenticators will approve this. Any pointers on where to obtain a better piece?

Check the ebay link for more photos, did not want to spam the post
If you spend some time on the forum, you will quickly see that photos are expected, not links, to create a lasting archive.

If you spend some time on the forum, you will quickly see that photos are expected, not links, to create a lasting archive.
Apologies, new here. Updated with all the photos I had!

Yes the case has been polished and lost its crispness. That band is worthless junk too.

That was my guess too, was not super sure from the image, especially since the seller kept insisting all parts are original except the band.

I'm waiting on ebay authentication to get back to me but from everyone's advice, I'll most likely be returning this.

@arunavab713 , you would do best to avoid sellers that massively overexposure their photos in order to minimize visibility of the wear.

@arunavab713 , you would do best to avoid sellers that massively overexposure their photos in order to minimize visibility of the wear.
That makes sense. Looks like I'm on the hunt for this reference again :/

I'm curious if the ebay authenticators will approve this. Any pointers on where to obtain a better piece?

1. Return this watch!!!!!!
2. Read "Learn how to fish" thread at top of vintage forum 5 times, and take notes
3. Follow the "Recommended listings on ebay" thread here for several months to get a feel for what a decent watch looks like, consider buying one of those which are vetted by the experienced mods who kindly share this information for new members
4. Find a reference you like, research it thoroughly to become familiar with how it should look
5. Ask here BEFORE you buy if you are considering a watch not already vetted on item 3 above
6. Sell a car or motorcycle or some other collection as you will need way more cash for this hobby that you can imagine- there is no such thing as buying just 1 watch.
Welcome to OF stick around and you will learn and enjoy!!