Forums Latest Members

Is this watch real or fake thread - aka Fake Busters!!

1. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Nov 1, 2016

You really are totally ignorant in your perception of this forum.
    I don't think anyone else here joins just to glean knowledge from other members so they can make a respectful profit margin on a watch that they clearly don't even know is real or not.
    Good luck with the sale of your £22k Omega chrono by the way.
    I never have, and never would buy a watch from a small independent retailer LIKE YOU.

2. boogeybaby Nov 2, 2016

Hi,

First time here. Just want to check if this speedy reduced is legit. Thanks!

IMG_3290.JPG IMG_3291.JPG IMG_3298.JPG
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 2, 2016

The hands may have been replaced. I can't find another example with gold hands. Not sure what's up with the lume. It's an Omega from the pictures provided. Need caseback and movement for sure. But looks ok to me.

4. Buck2466 Nov 2, 2016

The hands don't look gold to me.The hands look as if someone tried to stain them to match the lume on the dial to me.:cautious:

5. penmoid Nov 3, 2016

Just received this GM. The back has an engraved serial and no misspellings. The tiny Omega logo is visible in the center of the crystal when viewed at an off angle. Is this legit?
    IMG_1053.JPG IMG_9345.JPG IMG_7690.JPG

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 3, 2016

7. Vercingetorix Spam Risk Nov 3, 2016

Not stain, looks like time in the oven.

8. penmoid Nov 3, 2016

Thanks!

9. Spacefruit Prolific Speedmaster Hoarder Nov 3, 2016

So FullyWound-up then...

Bumper and FullyWound like this.
  10. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Nov 4, 2016

little... it's fine i think im over it now.. i'm sure Dennis the menace only ever sells all his watches at a loss.. if only we could all be like him...

Then again we would have (by his own admission) a very different kind of OF it would mostly be name calling and and penance for those beseeching the menace, Little conversation of watches but much persecution of the offenders. somewhat call it tyrannical law but "the menace doth not strike the pure nor favorable" but importantly NO SELLING OR SELLERS which would... (our lord willing) be a good thing.. as it could leave us with the kind of OF master menace believes we should have..

aghem, *clear throat* to quote the book of revelations and proverbs of the all knowing lord tyrannical menace the first..

"We still haven't seen any pictures of your "fake" watch. Put up or shut up."

"Then send it to me. I will happily pay for the postage. How old are you by the way, around fourteen?"

"I don't think even WUS would welcome this t**t."

"The number of posters on the WUS Omega forum that actually know what they are talking about can be counted on the fingers of one hand.
    It was different a few years ago, but the new owners took offence at anyone calling out all the crap that was being posted and started banning people for pointing out bullshit when they saw it. That's how this forum came about.
    Whenever I'm bored I have a look there to give me a good laugh
    ."

In the name of the Menace the Bully and the Holy Post. "AMEN"

Tuchka likes this.
  11. dennisthemenace Hey, he asked for it! Nov 5, 2016

Flattery will get you nowhere.

jawkdna likes this.
  12. JimInOz Melbourne Australia Nov 5, 2016

He didn't say that, I did.

FullyWound likes this.
  13. PQS Nov 9, 2016

Can anyone help me verify if this is a genuine Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean Chrono?

Many thanks!

Peter

IMG_1583.JPG IMG_1584.JPG IMG_1585.JPG IMG_1586.JPG IMG_1587.JPG IMG_1588.JPG IMG_1589.JPG
    Omeg@007 likes this.
  14. FullyWound Hasn't discovered decaf yet. Nov 9, 2016

legit but aftermarket bezel insert? a bit too modern for our expertise but your serial numbers are all in the right place..
    the back logo looks a bit "washy" faded but maybe it was just worn a lot / maybe its the photo...
    front looks clean for a watch that was worn so much to wear out the back but maybe its been repolished and that would explain the bezel swap
    looks legit to be honest but not the best watch in the world it would need to be quite a cheap buy..
    not standard "full price" second hand

before someone criticizes the critique of the bezel insert...

Past 40 mark it would need to be a heavy wide but sharp blow to take that much paint of the genuine but the fakes scratch easier. for being such a wide thus blunt blow there does not seem to be a dent.. the genuine ones and the fakes do dent pretty easy...

the lume dot looks too large BUT this could be your photo and how the light hits it... Double BUT the gap in the white band that goes to bottom point of 12 position arrow is too narrow genuine inserts have wide gaps at the bottom that oddly look fake..

last point after market but genuine saphire not "factory standard" for this model crystal... i only say that because we had the one and from experience (with a camera and this crystal) it's hard to take pictures of this as the ar saphire is Stupidly blue your looks too clear for the genuine coat? too easy to photograph as you dont seem to be trying to hard to negate this.. and it just dont look too blue...

but maybe its me again maybe they did do a clear coat as well as the blue AR we just did not get that one..

straps legit... straps... bloody straps

15. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Nov 14, 2016

Looks legit. But these are well faked. The spots I normally look at look clear but needs the serial checked. The blue is normal from the dual anti reflective.

The chip is not out of the ordinary one of my pushers did something similar.

16. CaptDngr Nov 20, 2016

Friends, and esteemed experts,

I'm just about to pull the trigger on http://www.ebay.com/itm/272451595918Purchases made through these links may earn this site a commission from the eBay Partner Network as I've been dreaming about an Apollo/Soyuz for a while now.

It features a stamped Warranty card, and the Pictograms card, but is missing the Limited Edition card, and the original box / cert of auth / book.

The missing items give me pause, but the watch looks legit to me (I can replace the missing LE card via my local OB, I believe).

What do you all think with respect to this examples authenticity?

Much appreciated!

17. Prieto9000 Nov 23, 2016

I´m still wondering if I should buy this watch. It looks 100% real to me. What do you guys think?? ::facepalm2:: relog-omega-speedmaster-dark-side-of-the-moon-D_NQ_NP_191215-MLM25148498313_112016-F.jpg relog-omega-speedmaster-dark-side-of-the-moon-D_NQ_NP_475115-MLM25148500151_112016-F.jpg relog-omega-speedmaster-dark-side-of-the-moon-D_NQ_NP_916115-MLM25148498788_112016-F.jpg

18. repoman Nov 23, 2016

Looks legit to me, seller is pretty well known, but a quality picture of the movement is always a good thing before buying.

19. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Nov 23, 2016

20. Prieto9000 Nov 23, 2016

It´s unbelievable the sh*t some people try to sell online.