Is this watch real or fake thread - aka Fake Busters!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335475774628
I am pretty sure this is fake. I have actually got good stuff from this seller, so may be a honest mistake. Something just feels way off on this. Like the plating wearing through on the marked back. The subdial etc ... Probably should report it, but wanted to check first. Screen Shot 2024-07-12 at 12.44.00 PM.png Screen Shot 2024-07-12 at 12.43.26 PM.png

This website may earn commission from Ebay sales.
I'm hoping to purchase this Pre-Owned Aqua Terra 220.10.38.20.03.001. Does it look legit? What other pictures would I need to know 100% one way or another? L1mkltO.jpeg 9VfpPiI.jpeg FezZauW.jpeg djrjAi5.jpeg

Looks authentic. But you referenced the .03, which should have a blue dial—the photos you shared look black..? Or maybe that’s just the lighting.

Regardless, looks good, and it should weigh right about 130g with all bracelet links. If you get and weigh it and it hits within a gram or two of that, that’ll be pretty solid peace of mind. There might be decent fakes out there, but probably not precise superclones that get the weight spot-on.

Only so much any of us can do with a photo, especially if the watch pictured isn’t what they end up sending you. But if you want more feedback, see if you can provide well focused closeups of the movement—2 of them, so that we can see the entirety of it. (The rotor is always blocking half of it, hence needing two photos.)

Looks authentic. But you referenced the .03, which should have a blue dial—the photos you shared look black..? Or maybe that’s just the lighting.

Regardless, looks good, and it should weigh right about 130g with all bracelet links. If you get and weigh it and it hits within a gram or two of that, that’ll be pretty solid peace of mind. There might be decent fakes out there, but probably not precise superclones that get the weight spot-on.

Only so much any of us can do with a photo, especially if the watch pictured isn’t what they end up sending you. But if you want more feedback, see if you can provide well focused closeups of the movement—2 of them, so that we can see the entirety of it. (The rotor is always blocking half of it, hence needing two photos.)

I’m 99% sure it is blue and just looks dark in the pictures. I’ll try getting a couple movement pictures.

Here's one picture of the movement if that helps at all?

well I decided against buying this watch as I couldn’t be sure if its genuine.

I think you dodged a bullet. Look at the balance spring in the last image, it looks like something was coiled over the balance bridge and that movement is NOT a Breguet Overcoil. (They also don't do that.)

You would be correct. It is fake.
Interesting it sold for $214.50USD. I think someone will be really dissapointed when they get it checked out.

I have a few things from this seller but they are really on the low end and I knew what I was getting. The most recent item was missing parts and plate screws, but I wanted to take a chance on a EB/Rhonda balance for three bucks. So far that part looks good.

Hi everyone, I was gifted this by an older relative. Are there any obvious signs you can see that it is real or fake? Sorry I'm pretty ignorant about this. Thanks for your help! IMG_20240803_095850.jpg IMG_20240803_095803.jpg

I'm wondering if any of you are able to identify id this watch is a real or fake?
Yikes, a Speedmaster DeVille. What do you think?

I'm wondering if any of you are able to identify id this watch is a real or fake?
Check the thread you created for my reply, and to add to that a chronograph that has missing numbers in the 3 o'clock subdial is not very useful would you say.

chronograph that has missing numbers in the 3 o'clock subdial is not very useful
I can’t imagine any chronograph subdial that counts 25, 27, 29, 311, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 to be anything but useful 😁

I can’t imagine any chronograph subdial that counts 25, 27, 29, 311, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 to be anything but useful 😁
Could have also mentioned the 9 o'clock subdial but that was too obvious, when is someone going to time for days, especially if there's no Tuesday and Wednesday.1

As you’re by now aware, pretty much everyone here could do that.

IMG_0700.png IMG_0699.png IMG_0701.png IMG_0702.png IMG_0703.png IMG_0706.png IMG_0705.png IMG_0704.png IMG_0707.png IMG_0708.png IMG_0709.png IMG_0710.png IMG_0711.png IMG_0712.png IMG_0712.png IMG_0711.png IMG_0710.png Debating getting my first Omega, looking at gently used so I can sell for similar value or at least break even down the road. I spotted this Speedy 57 on Chrono24 and my eyes can’t verify its legitimacy. I got some pictures of the warranty card from the (private) seller as well. Looking for some advice- wondering if anyone can spot anything not lining up from the following pictures. If legit, what would be a proper value in CAD? Thanks in advance