Is This Repainted?

Posts
47
Likes
56
Hello everyone. I just paid for this omega calendar 2849-7 SC. But started to have doubts. It is hard to find exact same dial. Is this repainted? Thank for your help.
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
Based on those photos I'd say yes.
Still not a terrible re-dial though.
 
Posts
4,855
Likes
12,276
I have nowhere near the experience as @JimInOz, so I might have been fooled by this. The Seamaster script is pretty close, but two-tone edge is pretty wonky and the writing in AUTOMATIC is also off. In particular the two As are not the same.
 
Posts
18,728
Likes
38,877
CALE NDAR?

Minute markers not aligned with equal spacing.

Swiss Made incorrectly positioned.
 
Posts
906
Likes
1,739
That band around the edge is wrong likely covering damage. The minute marks are too close to centre making the hands extend past them.
 
Posts
24,795
Likes
55,073
As noted above, I don't like the look of the outer ring.
 
Posts
18,302
Likes
27,670
While an amazing coat hanger…

redial
 
Posts
2,989
Likes
4,747
The minute markers jumped out to me.

I have my 2576 twins out as I am attempting to see if I can find the hour hand to the 2577, so I am becoming sensitive to such things. I am still considering what to do with the 14713-61 I stripped all the marking off of. Of course I have been wanting to build a pad printer for the last 28 or more years. The minute ticks, look like the hardest to get right. One needs a good dividing engine/pantograph. Digital divisions simply do not cut it. (pun intended.)
 
Posts
13,513
Likes
23,449
It just looks off. The font isn’t quite right and is too thick. The minute markers are slightly misaligned which is one of the best ways to ID a redial.