Is this a legit Ed-White Speedmaster?

seems like a pretty good deal from what i can tell.

That’s what we’ve been trying to tell you. Let’s hope he doesn’t realize he could do much better by listing it for auction with better pictures. You’ve already had him do half the work by opening the case back and cleaning up the crystal…

Huh?

I thought the earlier pre '63 affected the price but maybe I'm wrong, i'm no expert.

Thomas - yes your 100% right, just trying to work out logisitics with the seller hehe

If you’re happy the dial is good I’d drive and go pick it up. Much nicer than pissing about with eBay

Its mine if I want it, just debating if should ask him to list on ebay and suck up the fees or trek across snowy freezing UK...

I mean dial is good, lugs are good, movement is running so seems like a pretty good deal from what i can tell.

You could pay him with Paypal (goods/services) with your credit card to keep some buyer protection to avoid dealing on ebay?

You could pay him with Paypal (goods/services) with your credit card to keep some buyer protection to avoid dealing on ebay?
Yeah, I didn’t really understand why in-person and eBay were the only options, since I rarely buy or sell watches in either of those ways.

The chap lives a long way away. Paypal G&S seems to have a £4k limit on it and the chap understandably is worried about posting/couriers (which i've done on several IWCs but i understand his concern). Hoping to grab the train to him on Saturday 😀

ROAD TRIP! .... either by car or train is the preferred way here.

I would start driving, after sending him a good deposit electronically. And bring a wad of cash.

Hour chrono counter is completely off, which may indicate an issue, so get prepared to pay for service and parts. Pushers may be service parts?
Pushers seem to be the oem fat neck version IMHO

Once the seller polishes the crystal and opens the back and everything looks nice and clean, he'll also realize he set the price too low. Always happens.

Aint that the truth!

To OP - I saw someone who claimed to be the seller asking about value/details about this exact same watch (posting the exact photos). Not sure how the transaction went. Best of luck!

Just got home - with the watch, dial is mint, hands and everything all original, after removing the ball of fluff from movement its running and chrono functions running like a charm (will still be serviced, cleaned etc).

Thanks again everyone for all your help, you really helped me with the confidence check, I'll post some pics once it's all serviced on its new strap etc 😀

I would start driving, after sending him a good deposit electronically. And bring a wad of cash.
Paid fully in cash and was clutching my bag like a small baby round london and on the train lol

To OP - I saw someone who claimed to be the seller asking about value/details about this exact same watch (posting the exact photos). Not sure how the transaction went. Best of luck!
From the FB group? If so thats how we met haha!

Just got home - with the watch, dial is mint, hands and everything all original, after removing the ball of fluff from movement its running and chrono functions running like a charm (will still be serviced, cleaned etc).

Thanks again everyone for all your help, you really helped me with the confidence check, I'll post some pics once it's all serviced on its new strap etc 😀

Huge congrats! Those who dare... 👍👍👍

Congrats! More photos please.......