Is this a legit Ed-White Speedmaster?

From the FB group? If so thats how we met haha!
lol I see !! If it was the same guy he was asking people what is a reasonable value for the watch - many members rightfully asked the seller to not let it go for cheap. But seems you got a great deal in the end!

Just got home - with the watch, dial is mint, hands and everything all original, after removing the ball of fluff from movement its running and chrono functions running like a charm (will still be serviced, cleaned etc).

Thanks again everyone for all your help, you really helped me with the confidence check, I'll post some pics once it's all serviced on its new strap etc 😀

Congratulations! Now lets see some more pictures of this beauty.

Now all up and running, keeping perfect time, all it needed was a tiny spring and a service, while the bezel is a little mushed as you can see the dial is purrrrfect!

Turned out to be a lovely watch and I nominate squiffythewombat as one of the better OF usernames that I've seen. 😁

Squiffy you had us all on the edge of our seats in this adventure, well documented and well consumated deal! Wear in good health

He who dares wins, congratulations
Squiffy you had us all on the edge of our seats in this adventure, well documented and well consumated deal! Wear in good health