Forums Latest Members
  1. TropicConnie Jul 31, 2020

Fascinating insight into Horween history, thanks for that! I have a pair of Alden boots in cordovan (although Whiskey, not #8) and you're certainly right, it does not wear out much at all. Totally different animal to my crocodile Florsheims (pun intended!?) which go through a care regime every six weeks even when I don't wear them. But I digress... Plenty of strap options are out there and I look forward to trying out a few.

2. nkhandekar Jul 31, 2020

For this Seamaster a black strap gets my vote.

My JLC Geographic has a brown strap which works well with that watch....just saying I am not a purist. file-19.jpeg

TropicConnie likes this.
  3. TropicConnie Aug 3, 2020

The mailman came today with something pretty cool! My photo is only slightly better than the photos from the website, but it does the job. My timer says about -30 seconds a day so I'm not too worried about it, it's a 70 year old non-certified watch so I think that's respectable. My watchmaker has the correct crown so I'll be having that fitted soon and I'll see if he thinks the movement is dirty.

IMG_20200803_145300.jpg
    seekingseaquest, Zapatta, MtV and 2 others like this.
  4. TropicConnie Aug 3, 2020

I forgot to mention, I have a midnight blue saffiano leather watch strap on the way, which I think will look quite striking paired with the textured dial.