I was lucky?

Well, the texts on the dial are very obvious reprinting. It's always easy to tell - no proper serif fonts!

This is correct:

Kuvatõmmis 2023-09-15 102930.png

Oh, but on the original the G is also bigger then the sorrounding letters. So at least here I was wrong.

In my "defence" I just want to say that in the ad pictures were not very clear..😀. In conclusion I wasn't lucky 😀 and as a conclusion for me.. I still have to learn. Thank you OF lesson was learned.

In my "defence" I just want to say that in the ad pictures were not very clear..😀. In conclusion I wasn't lucky 😀 and as a conclusion for me.. I still have to learn. Thank you OF lesson was learned.

This is a positive attitude to have.

However, it would be worthwhile you looking further into Constellations if you want to acquire one as there are a number of tells that would have confirmed that all is not well with your kit (even with crappy pics) - the fact that a 167.005 is not a date watch being the most obvious.

Unfortunately, even if you wanted to assemble the watch for your own amusement you will (fortunately) not be able to use an Omega movt as the date window is in the wrong place as @nanjingcigaretes pointed out.

So you will likely need to find the Chinese movt these fake dials were originally designed to accommodate.

For me, if you can't get your money back, then personally I would take a hammer to the whole shit-heap and consign it to the bin - or alternatively frame it as a reminder that, to quote the Bard, "all that glisters is not gold"

Well, the texts on the dial are very obvious reprinting. It's always easy to tell - no proper serif fonts!

This is correct:

Kuvatõmmis 2023-09-15 102930.png
Some Constellations from this era did not have heavy serif fonts like that. Some Constellations had painted markers instead of onyx. The date window is slightly off position, but it could still properly fit a vintage Omega movement and this fake case if the case were slightly larger than the original.

I think the point to be made here is that every generation of fake parts like these is getting closer and closer to the originals.
gatorcpa

Concerning letter G... I have seen open and closed one. Which is correct... I have no idea!
Opened is smaller and closed is larger.
On these photos metallic logos are very different!

Kuvatõmmis 2023-09-15 142155.png Kuvatõmmis 2023-09-15 142232.png

Wow!!!
I have been away from vintage Omega collecting for years now but shocking how things have changed. If that dial was presented alone, I would have never realized it was not the real deal… and I like to think I was good at spotting redials in my time.

I agree. The fake dial and case are very good at first glance. Most of the tells pointed out by experienced members are so small that it's only obvious when there's a direct comparison to the real thing (even then it's not so obvious). This thread has been a great learning experience.

If the fakers are reading this thread, they're probably taking notes to correct for the next version. I imagine that's how super clones of Rolexes are made. Hopefully Constellations won't go down that route but if there's enough money involved, they will come.

I agree. The fake dial and case are very good at first glance. Most of the tells pointed out by experienced members are so small that it's only obvious when there's a direct comparison to the real thing (even then it's not so obvious). This thread has been a great learning experience.

If the fakers are reading this thread, they're probably taking notes to correct for the next version. I imagine that's how super clones of Rolexes are made. Hopefully Constellations won't go down that route but if there's enough money involved, they will come.

There are quite a few things wrong with the whole set that are obvious to seasoned collectors.

"If the fakers are reading this thread, they're probably taking notes to correct for the next version"

....But because of this we haven't gone through them all in detail.

it's not so bad playing 'where's wally' with an old fake -it can be quite instructive - but when they're brand spanking new fakes it means the 🤬 fakers are still active and there's no point in fully educating them all in one thread.

crazy that there is enough money still to be made on near 60 year old watches to have a factory churning out new editions of fake parts....
not like a new rolex, how big is the world vintage connie market?

crazy that there is enough money still to be made on near 60 year old watches to have a factory churning out new editions of fake parts..., how big is the world vintage connie market?

Well, it stretches from the Antipodes, through Asia the Middle East, Africa and Europe to both parts of the Americas - so pretty much global.

but i don't expect buyers from those places are paying top $$ for a 60 yr old connie. making parts to put a knock off watch out there is one thing, but going through the effort to make revision after revision in fonts and markers...

i understand for a "new" watch, "i have a new rollie seedweller"... but vintage 165.008?

i don't grasp the market

but i don't expect buyers from those places are paying top $$ for a 60 yr old connie. making parts to put a knock off watch out there is one thing, but going through the effort to make revision after revision in fonts and markers...

i understand for a "new" watch, "i have a new rollie seedweller"... but vintage 165.008?

i don't grasp the market

Constellations have been faked since the 60s, especially doglegs. (14900/14902 & 167.005/168.005)

There are large tracts of Asia that still see the claw-cased Constellations as the pinnacle of affordable luxury watch-ownership.

The vintage constellation collector market remains extensive and strong worldwide.

Vintage Constellations are expensive enough but not so expensive that ‘bargains’ can’t still be found.

The perfect fakers scenario, where less experienced collectors can be fooled into thinking they’ve found a bargain.
The OP is a classic example.
€200 paid for something that probably cost tens of $USD to produce.

The fact that so few of these fakes reach the mature markets in the West is more of a surprise than that they are produced at all.

thanks for the insight.

i see the attraction, i too think of a 165.007/8 as the pinnacle of gorgeous, timeless, classy dress watch.

thanks for the insight.

i see the attraction, i too think of a 167.005/168.005 as the pinnacle of gorgeous, timeless, classy dress watch.

FIFY

you won’t get any argument from me regarding Constellations - but there are many references that might rival the dogleg as ‘most gorgeous’ Constellation.

FIFY

you won’t get any argument from me regarding Constellations - but there are many references that might rival the dogleg as ‘most gorgeous’ Constellation.
d'oh... that's typing too early in the morning. thanks

Well, it's abundantly clear that someone has invested in a production setup to manufacture these so these are being absorbed by the market. I will have to be content with my Connie collection for now.

Something else: The complete text inside the case back is printed on. Not even wrongly Laser engraved ....