Forums Latest Members

I thought I'd do a little review of my watchmaker...

1. SteveHarris Nov 9, 2020

I get asked every now and then in regards to who to use for servicing etc, so thought I'd write a little review of my watchmaker here in the UK, Webwatchmaker aka Brendan Hoey.

I’ve used Brendan now for a good few years and can honestly say that everything he has ever worked on for me, has come back serviced or fixed to the highest standards. I’ve not once had to send something back as it’s stopped working or not been fixed properly – an issue I had with my previous watchmaker, hence why I sought out Brendan’s help.

As some of you know, I collect vintage Enicars and run the Enicar Forums. Because of this, all my Enicars have to be 100% correct (nothing worse than getting called out for something incorrect when you’re supposed to know!) and Brendan puts up with my OCD very well and always gets things sorted for me how I like. As an example, I recently had a project to restore a Mark II Sherpa Graph with the arrow hands on the minute and hour counters. The ones I provided didn’t fit correctly and without so much as a grumble Brendan sorted them out for me. If this had been my previous watchmaker, they would have been sent back with a sorry and shrug of the shoulders!

In summary, Brendan is a hugely experienced watchmaker that you can rely on and trust to get the job done in my opinion. He’s got some great contacts from his days working in Switzerland that’s extremely useful.

You can find his website here: http://webwatchmaker.co.uk/

I wasn't sure where to post this really, so plumped for this board. Apologies in advance if it's in the wrong one!

Steve

Ricbo2010, Twocats, alam and 7 others like this.
  2. Spruce Sunburst dial fan Nov 9, 2020

Always good to have recommendations and I’ve saved this

3. Webwatchmaker Dec 23, 2020

Thank you Steve,

So kind of you to post this.