Forums Latest Members

How have you faired with companies that offer pre inspection prices

1. Walrus Aug 31, 2019

so I have a couple watches I’ve corresponded with about selling to online companies. I’m hesitant to mention names as I haven’t completed a transaction but I sent them as many pictures as possible including every scratch/ding I could so I didn’t waste anyone’s time. Communication was very good but when I looked at independent reviews, ie: not the ones on the company’s website it seemed like half of them were complaints of inflated price offers that changed by thousands when the watch was received even to those people who like me noted every possible ding or fault on the watch in question. I realize these companies are not charities. This one I was talking to who offered me what I felt was quite fair I sent them an email after I read all the negative reviews and asked them if there was additional info I could send to see if the price they gave me wouldn’t change by an extreme amount. I brought it to my watch maker who took more photos and wrote what he did and has done with the watch. When I sent them that email they went dark on me. To be clear the many reviews I read the price changed when the company had watch in hand even after the initial quote included the issues the company was already made aware of. Just curious if anyone has had experience with this.