Forums Latest Members

You think people have issues with Omega LE's... and Flippers

1. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 15, 2018

Little bit of a long read... but the high end car community is not really supporting this guy. The first part is his letter to Porsche, the second part is his story.

From an high end car / charity group I am a part of on FB

2. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2018

But he gets to keep the watch right ?::popcorn::

Traveler, SteveShepherd and Foo2rama like this.
  3. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 15, 2018

My personal favorite is how he explains how he did not flip the 5 limited allocation cars he has already purchased... 2 where gifts to his wife with 3 kids who didn't want the car as it had no room for a car seat... 1 maaayyybbbeeee... 2... really.... yeah he is not a flipper lol.

2nd they did not take his allocation away, he refused to pay what they marked it up and assumed he would not be getting a lower markup...

3rd Not sure how he is claiming he lost money on this...

tikkathree likes this.
  4. cicindela Steve @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2018

So, enjoying the car :whistling: ?

5. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 15, 2018

Many that get those allocations are 'special'... And the ones buying $200k+ cars to go race them tend to be extra 'special'. He thinks it's a 'winning car' which means there likely are no competitive models in his class if the car is driven in a remotely competent manner. I do not know of any good racers why rely on having the latest/ greatest car in a class (if there will even be any other racers in the class) in order to win.

6. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 15, 2018

Those are not the race cars... those are actually easier to get. These are limited number street cars he is talking about. The car he crashed was on a track day.

7. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 15, 2018

8. dsio Ash @ ΩF Staff Member Sep 15, 2018

sdre, Darlinboy and Greatpa like this.
  9. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 15, 2018

"...that I might seriously race my coming GT2 RS there next year in the street car category. I have also mentioned this to the people at the dealership to enhance the allocation of the GT2 RS. I have talked about this for few years before with my different race cars, but ow I had the winning car, I thought...."

I dunno, especially with this wording. I have been around plenty of Porsche club racers over the years to recognize the pattern in this person's writings. Total BS when someone who races Porsches claims they bought a 911 for their wife and sold it because there are three kids and an issue with car seats. Even giving the benefit of the doubt, why did he then buy her a second one? Not surprised to hear he stuffed the 3rd.

Foo2rama and pascs like this.
  10. Foo2rama Keeps his worms in a ball instead of a can. Sep 15, 2018

Missed that in his wall of text. I just assumed PCA track days. Either way the current GT2RS will not make you a god. A good drivers still going to beat you in a GT3 regardless of the power difference. All 911’s are very sensitive to driver ability even if they get more and more forgiving with each model.

khanmu and BlackTalon like this.
  11. many Sep 15, 2018

You must not watch F1. :)

JanV and Foo2rama like this.
  12. sdre Sep 15, 2018

I have a close friend does goes up to Malaysia Sempang to race.

Not quite on topic of dealership and allocation but he spends 4000 bucks on a pair of racing tires just for that race alone.

I thought watch collecting is nuts but driving race cars is another level of hobbying.

Foo2rama likes this.
  13. BlackTalon This Space for Rent Sep 15, 2018

Basically equal to buying -- and losing -- a vintage chrono every race weekend :cool:

14. sdre Sep 15, 2018

It's mind blowing really. Income gap in the world is crazy.

15. JanV Sep 16, 2018

I know Klaus very well (and his brothers), and can vouch for him in this matter.

He is a avid user of the best performance automobiles in the world and Porsche’s are not the only cars within their family.

He is using actively all of his cars, like I like to use my vintage watches. (Not to store them in a garage only to be looked upon once in a while).

The dealer took advantage of his way of really passionately using all his cars, and changing them always for the next best available car, and flipped a highly collectible car for someone that offered them a better deal.

Porsche, like all big brands have serious governance on what they think a governor of their brand should look like, how many they need to own and thus directing nowadays their users to store their cars in warehouses and not to drive them. This governance has been conducted in order for people not to “flip” cars to make a big buck, like the ST2’s at this moment, but at the same time killing the guys who really, really, really use them for their own pleasure and enjoyment.

This sucks, as would for you, if you where for example made available to buy a very high collectible, like 2998-2 for a good, but reasonable price, and when you go to pick it up you find the dealer has sold it for another guy that paid more for it.

So in this case the dealer “f...ed” Klaus buy using Porsche’s own guidance and rules against him in order to flip a collectible for more money.

I feel sorry for him, as he REALLY takes the cars out on the road (and tracks) and ENJOYS all his cars for the purposes they where built for!, not this latest crap of buying cars to be stored in a garage never to be driven. :(

Edited Sep 16, 2018
  16. STANDY schizophrenic pizza orderer and watch collector Sep 16, 2018

Met his brother Santa once :whistling:

Edited Sep 16, 2018
    Darlinboy and JimInOz like this.
  17. JanV Sep 16, 2018

? Don’t quite follow what you meant?

JimInOz likes this.
  18. tikkathree Sep 16, 2018

From a small space somewhere way down the Porsche food chain (2002 cabriolet not at all any kind of "must-have" LE and no plans to replace it with new any time soon) I'm bound to say I have no time at all for people who get their name down for the next LE and then find that their order isn't placed, the allocation going instead to another Joe who just happened to place an order for a Cayenne for the little lady, a Cayman for the domestic help and the latest top-spec 911 to add to his fleet just a lot of fluff and nonsense.

They're all flippers and profiteers and the law of the jungle pervades. Move on....

Foo2rama, ICONO and padders like this.
  19. padders Oooo subtitles! Sep 16, 2018

Yep. I haven’t really got a huge amount of empathy for this ultra first world problem. If he was that good a customer another dealer would have found time for him. If as it sounds he is a serial flipper then TS.

20. JanV Sep 16, 2018

I can only say that he is very loyal to his dealer for serious repeat business. So he doesn’t shop around, and give opportunities for his business often for “another dealer” once he trusts the dealer. He has been all his life, as I have had the pleasure of providing him one of the finest and rare sports cars in the past. And he definitely, definitely dont need to flip cars for money.