How durable are vintage Omegas?

Mines approaching 80 years of age … I had it services about 6 years ago, humming along beautifully and keeping good time

Like 4
Were you at Covent Garden? Or is that just a pic for show. I go all the time!
I’ll pm you

Were you at Covent Garden? Or is that just a pic for show. I go all the time!

It was my photo, taken in October last year (and probably ‘The Dante Project’) with my watch subsequently overlaid on my iPad screen.

It was my photo, taken in October last year (and probably ‘The Dante Project’) with my watch subsequently overlaid on my iPad screen.
Hope you didn't get it near the magnets!

Like 1
Hope you didn't get it near the magnets!

Given my rotation habit, I rarely wear anything long enough for me to notice how accurate it is - but I think this one is okay ;)

I wear watches that are between 50 and 130 years old on a daily basis, my "beater" is 54 year old Eterna Kon Tiki. I've never had any issues with wearing any of these old watches, they are meant to be worn, not just kept in a safe or a shoebox under the bed. I keep them serviced and only wear my Kon Tiki if I'm fishing, canoeing, swimming, or doing anything that could result in its immersion on water.

Like 2
Good point. Most of us don’t wear vintage watches as daily “beaters”…

I dont see them as beater, but I do wear them almost all the time. Never had a single problem with one.
I do not allow them to get wet and I take them off when I am doing anything that could get them scratched or dirty. I wont wear them golfing.

Like 3