Help with restoration (620 cal)

I’d like to get some more information on (and possibly restore) a watch my father recently gave me. He purchased it in Vietnam likely in late 1968 or early 1969. I see a reference number of what looks like 26741720. I only have the movement with the champagne dial and a partial buckle (photos attached). I haven’t tried winding it yet for fear of damaging it, so I’m not sure if it’s running.

It had been sitting in a drawer for close to 40 years after he pawned the gold case and bracelet. Apparently he kept it hoping I’d develop an appreciation for watches at some point which has finally happened organically in the last year. I hadn’t seen my dad wear a watch since I was a child so it was a complete surprise to me.

It’s pretty beat up but obviously it’s an instant favorite of mine and I’m entertaining the idea of restoring it. Any information on what I have would be extremely appreciated. I apologize the photos aren’t the best. Thanks in advance!

Will be quite difficult to find a case.

The 620 movement was used mostly in ladies watches. Sometimes in the smaller dress watches. There is not much value in these other than sentimentality.

As you learned the gold cases were often scrapped. So the movements tend to turn up often. The movement is not much more than a parts movement. The dial is not in great shape. There is no practical way to restore it or replace the missing furniture at one o'clock.

Similar watches do show up from time to time. So you might want to look for a similar late 1960s dress watch in a rectangular case.

It is also possible this was a locally cased watch.

Stick around an read the learn how to fish pinned at the top of the forum. https://omegaforums.net/threads/learn-how-to-fish.52603/ If you truly are interested in appreciating watches, this is the place to start.