Forums Latest Members
  1. CharlieJeffery Jan 11, 2020

Hi all,

I'm looking at buying my first Omega. I've seen a piece that's proving a bit of a mystery for my elementary Omega knowledge... I can't tell if it's real, because I've never seen anything like it, and can't find anything exactly like it online!

The watch is posted on Chrono24, but I live near the seller so will see it in person before making any decision.

Laying.JPG

My first question is: have you ever seen anything like this? I've done a fair bit of digging, and can only find records of one previous sale of a similar watch - red hands, writing and hour markings, but on a steel case.

In 2013, a very similar watch (but again on a steel case) was posted on another forum website (link here). One member said they were given to Omega employees in 1970?

My second question is: is this real?! As I said, all the other models seem to be on a steel case, and, furthermore, the plexiglass doesn't have an Omega marking in the centre.

Here are some more pictures:

Inside.JPG
    Movement 1.JPG
    Movement 2.JPG
    Right.JPG
    Back.JPG

Finally, is it worth the £499 it's listed at?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Charlie

2. janice&fred Jan 11, 2020

I believe it's authentic but I wouldn't touch it with the condition of those lugs. looks like they're chewed and eroded away.

DaveK likes this.
  3. X350 XJR Vintage Omega Aficionado Jan 11, 2020

They came in blue, green and red, but I don't recall ever seeing any of them in a gold plated case, only stainless steel.

I wouldn't touch it either.

4. DRjre086 Jan 11, 2020

Agree with both posts above. Regardless of its authenticity, the condition alone is a pass.