Help please! Need help authenticating this vintage omega Ref 14900 62 SC

Hello everyone!

I hope all is well, I am getting into vintage omegas
and slowly learning about them. To start I bought this watch at an antique market and happy about at first however I did notice an inconsistency on the dial.

The Watch reference is a 14900-62-SC and the movement serial number is 18816522. I did my research and realised that everything is good except the dial. The star on the constellation dial is above the writing and when doing research I did not find anything like. I do hope the members of this group would be able to assist and provide insight on this watch and the reasons tho why this watch is how it is.

thank you in advance for reading and helping a newbie out!! Really appreciate it!!
IMG_3565.jpeg IMG_3566.jpeg IMG_3567.jpeg IMG_3568.jpeg IMG_3561.jpeg IMG_3557.jpeg IMG_3558.jpeg IMG_3559.jpeg IMG_3555.jpeg IMG_9568.jpeg IMG_9567.jpeg

The font is no good, alignment way off, etc. In the future, I recommend moving the hands so that they don't obscure the printing and try to focus the camera. In this case, it's obvious enough even with poor photos, but usually we will want to see really clear in-focus photos in good lighting.

The font is no good, alignment way off, etc. In the future, I recommend moving the hands so that they don't obscure the printing and try to focus the camera. In this case, it's obvious enough even with poor photos, but usually we will want to see really clear in-focus photos in good lighting.

Hi!

Thank You so much for your help!

I will be adding more pictures for reference I hope this may be helpful. Maybe some of y’all could tell me if it’s just a repainted dial and the rest is real or elaborate more it would be really helpful

It looks legit, but the case has been poorly polished and the sharp original edges of the lugs and case-back are soft and rounded over, which is not desirable.

It looks legit, but the case has been poorly polished and the sharp original edges of the lugs and case-back are soft and rounded over, which is not desirable.

In terms of the dial is it truly repainted? As I’m really concerned on the placement of the star. Also how close do you think the repaint is to the original?

thank you so much I really appreciate the help!

Yes, it's repainted. I suggest comparing the font and alignment of AUTOMATIC CHRONOMETER to an original example. It's not close to the original.

Also how close do you think the repaint is to the original?

Sorry, it belongs in the "Worst Redials" thread. It's really bad.
Edited:

For most collectors the two main elements are the dial and the case. On this example the dial is very poorly refinished and the case has been severely overpolished.
I wouldn’t say the dial was ‘just refinished’. It’s been refinished/repainted and that kills the collector value.

I’d think everyone on the forum would recommend against buying/keeping this watch and strongly advise you to return it

As already written, the dial is repainted. For comparison, here is a photo of my 14900 with the original dial. The typeface differs greatly.

5F9879C4-08B2-4BAC-AA02-03F24A2BC55D.jpeg