Forums Latest Members
  1. SR1895 May 29, 2019

Can anyone help identify if this dial is correct on this Cal. 562 Seamaster from the 60's? It appears to be correct to my eye, but I'm certainly no expert and would like the opinions of those more knowledgeable than I to offer input. I want to buy a vintage Omega to commemorate my 25th birthday, and I want to make sure the important parts are original. The movement is good, thats been verified but I'm not sure about the dial. I know the bracelet is not original, which makes me question what is and what isn't. The seller is asking $1125 USD (890 GBP), so if the dial is original, is this a fair price? It comes in a nice wooden Omega box, so the price includes that as well. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KAP May 29, 2019

It would be helpful to know the first few numbers of the movement serial number as well as the model number etched on the inside case back. Also helpful would be the bracelet clasp and end links with the numbers since that is part of the sale. Do you have pictures available of any of those to post?

From the pictures and description provided, I believe the price is in an average range.

3. Passover May 29, 2019

Dial looks OK, can't see any issues. Slight traces of patina (spots, last picture)

Case is very shiny, could be polished

Crystal could be broken (1st picture around 3 o'clock)

Way too expensive IMO, is it serviced?

4. connieseamaster May 29, 2019

I think the crystal is intact, just the first and third pics catch a reflection in the tension ring. Definitely agree that this is probably expensive by 30-40%, much more than the box is worth

5. SR1895 May 29, 2019

Thanks for the input everyone. I agree I thought the price seemed a bit high. It has been "cleaned and timed", but not sure if that means serviced or not. This is a private seller with 100% positive feedback and I believe him to be genuine after our correspondence but I don't think I'm willing to pay that much for this piece when it doesn't come with an original BoR bracelet. As for the spots of patina on the dial, he's told me that it must have just been the lens because he checked it through his loupe, but again who knows if thats true or not. Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.