Help identify speedmaster

Hi
I need help identifying this speedmaster. The pictures are not good it’s an elderly man who is selling it. I am going to see it on sunday. So I could use some help identifying which speedmaster it is a what caliber. He says it from 1969 where he bought it and it’s a one owner watch. Also he is asking about 5k us for it. So is this a fair price.
Any help on what to look for etc is appreciated😀
Thanks

Potentially a 105.012-66 HF.

Looks like it could be a stunner. I wouldn’t be waiting until sunday

Actually, hold on, it’s a straight lug dial in a Pro case so it’s not correct. Still high value as parts and could be rectified but it’s not longer the home run I thought it was.

Actually, hold on, it’s a straight lug dial in a Pro case so it’s not correct. Still high value as parts and could be rectified but it’s not longer the home run I thought it was.
Thanks
He said he bought it new in 1969 at an authorized omega dealer. So how come it has a wrong dial or case? Any possibility that this is during a transition of cases?

So this is not worth the asking price. And should be purchased for selling parts?

Darn, thanks David, I was a bit too exited...!

😁

Thanks
He said he bought it new in 1969 at an authorized omega dealer. So how come it has a wrong dial or case? Any possibility that this is during a transition of cases?
Dodgy service possibly???

Thanks

Well obviously we can possibly know it was changed, but it was. This dial didn’t come in this case. There’s no question of that.

It’s most likely the original was damaged and swapped out for one that was easily available and ‘close enough’. Or perhaps at a sloppy service centre the dials were poorly tagged and someone else got your dial during a service in the 70’s.

So this is not worth the asking price. And should be purchased for selling parts?

It’s hard to be sure from those pics, especially if you’re not a watch person and we can’t be sure of dial condition.
I’d say yes, it’s still a definite buy, assuming bracelet is in good nick etc but if you don’t want a project, maybe not. Equally you may not give a damn about an incorrect dial.

It would help if you tell us more about yourself and what you’re looking for. It’s hard to say ‘yes, buy it’ when we don’t know your objectives.

The dial could be very nice, even if it´s not correct for the ref.
The bezel is very nice!

The lumeplots looks also very nice, and hopefully most of "the white stuff" you see is either scratches on the crystal or dirt on the dial.
The case and caseback looks sharp.
The crown and pushers looks original (very blurry pictures).
And the bracelet is a bonus!

Have you asked the seller if the watch has had any service?

Thanks

The seller is either lying or has a very bad memory. It has some desirable parts, but it's a project.

The seller is either lying or has a very bad memory. It has some desirable parts, but it's a project.
He is 78 so maybe just bad memory.

He is 78 so maybe just bad memory.
It happens. I have had people tell me some crazy and impossible things about watches that they supposedly purchased new.

The dial could be very nice, even if it´s not correct for the ref.
The bezel is very nice!

The lumeplots looks also very nice, and hopefully most of "the white stuff" you see is either scratches on the crystal or dirt on the dial.
The case and caseback looks sharp.
The crown and pushers looks original (very blurry pictures).
And the bracelet is a bonus!

Have you asked the seller if the watch has had any service?
No I have not asked that. I will ask him about that on Sunday. Hopefully it is just scratches on the crystal. Don’t know what the bracelet is or the end links. But yes a bonus. 😀

It happens. I have had people tell me some crazy and impossible things about watch that they supposedly purchased new.
Yeah he probably don’t remember correctly

It’s hard to be sure from those pics, especially if you’re not a watch person and we can’t be sure of dial condition.
I’d say yes, it’s still a definite buy, assuming bracelet is in good nick etc but if you don’t want a project, maybe not. Equally you may not give a damn about an incorrect dial.

It would help if you tell us more about yourself and what you’re looking for. It’s hard to say ‘yes, buy it’ when we don’t know your objectives.
I would of course like an all original. But could do with this if it is worth it’s price. Don’t want to buy the cat in the bag. But he says he is the only owner and bought it new in 69 from an authorized omega dealer. Maybe I should open it on Sunday. I just stumbled across it and thought that it maybe was fairly cheap and it looked old also. And I like old watches with nice patina. But I don’t have much knowledge about these other that it’s good if it has a 321 caliber, correct?

It's hard to put a value on a watch like this. It has value as parts but not something I'd enjoy owning as a watch.