Help identify speedmaster

I do think it's a good price. I would keep the bracelet, and then pull it apart and see what goes together. Hopefully, the dial, hands, and movement plausibly go together, and you could sell them as a set. Then you could sell the case/caseback/bezel as another set. Or sell the bezel separately (or hold onto it for now, since it might be useful). I think you will get back the $5k and get the bracelet for free. Of course, that's a lot of work, but maybe it's worth it for you.
Edited:

Go to the watch and open it. Date the movement and you will have a good indication of the issues, whether the dial is incorrect or the case.
Download a movement date chart some pics of different references etc. The watch as is is indicating there is more upside than down.

Here is a wild and crazy thought….
If you like the watch, buy it!
The price is good, watch looks nice (hoping that the movement isnt trash/non correct)!
Even if the parts are not correct, use the watch and enjoy it, and during this period you could learn more about the watch?
And also get tons of help from the Forum with your questions!
And maybe in the future, do the changes that might be needed, or sell the watch as parts?

Cheers!

Here is a wild and crazy thought….
If you like the watch, buy it!
The price is good, watch looks nice (hoping that the movement isnt trash/non correct)!
Even if the parts are not correct, use the watch and enjoy it, and during this period you could learn more about the watch?
And also get tons of help from the Forum with your questions!
And maybe in the future, do the changes that might be needed, or sell the watch as parts?

Cheers!
That’s a very good thought 😀

Go to the watch and open it. Date the movement and you will have a good indication of the issues, whether the dial is incorrect or the case.
Download a movement date chart some pics of different references etc. The watch as is is indicating there is more upside than down.
So what date should the movement have for it to be the version that corresponds with the dial?

No simple answer to that.
Agreed. Research will be required.

A buyer just has to go into a purchase like this with a lot of risk tolerance. It may turn out well, but you really never know what you will find in a watch that has been put together this way. You are buying a blatantly obvious franken-watch from a seller who is either ignorant or deceptive, so don't fool yourself. There could be missing or incorrect parts, things may have been modified, it's impossible to say. So get the best price you can, and when you get it in hand, go slowly and do a lot of research. And finally, be open-minded and flexible about the outcome, depending on what you find.
Edited:

So if you just want a $5000 Speedmaster, just buy one of the newer ones. They can be had for the mid-4s (I've seen both 1861 or 3861 models available sub-5k). If you want a vintage looking Speedmaster, this is a perhaps a good one. It isn't 'correct', but if it works well enough, its a fantastic watch to just wear. Fix it up if you want, but the lack of 'period-correct'ness wouldnt bother me.