Forums Latest Members

Happy Father's Day and Thank You to Omega Forums

1. wagudc Jun 21, 2020

It is Father's Day in the US, so I thought I would give a warm happy Father's Day to all the fathers here.

It was my own father who brought me to this forum, by leaving me his Speedmaster after he passed away a little over a year ago now. I am quite grateful for the community here, and in many small ways the community has helped me with the loss. My dad had encyclopedic knowledge and was curious about all sorts of things. I would have called him today to wish him a happy father's day, and I am sure we would have talked about this book I just finished reading this morning. He had an interest in all sorts of things that most people are not interested in talking about. I have found folks here who love to talk about antique watches (obviously), space exploration, and dogs (see the Pets thread). 20200621_134809.jpg

2. 8100_RPM Jun 21, 2020

Happy Father’s Day to all of the fathers out there!

Taddyangle and wagudc like this.
  3. CJpickup57 Jun 21, 2020

Thank you for sharing and starting this thread @wagudc. I lost my dad at 14, but now have my own two boys (6 & 3). I recently lost my wife and their mother to cancer at the age of 35. Today has been a weird bunch of feelings, but I have been with my boys since they woke up and still hanging out with them now at my mother’s house for dinner and I couldn’t imagine wanting to do anything else today.

I’m glad I got into this hobby as I truly enjoy it and even happier I found a great community such as this with so many knowledgeable people I have been able to learn from and will continue to do so. OF has been a great place to spend some time each day to clear my head, learn and share in a hobby so many other people enjoy as much, if not more, than I do.

Happy Father’s Day to the dads at OF!

4. wagudc Jun 21, 2020

In many ways I can relate. I lost my mom at 14. I am so sorry to hear about your wife. It is so hard for a young person to loose a parent. I am sure you are doing your best for them. Extended family can be a great support, so I am glad to hear that you all have the support of Grandma / mom. Take care!

5. DaveK Yoda of Yodelers Jun 21, 2020

I was happy to talk with my dad today on the phone. My folks live almost 4000kms away from me, and I am looking forward to getting together again post-Covid :thumbsup:

jB1128, CJpickup57, 8100_RPM and 2 others like this.
  6. Taddyangle Convicted Invicta Wearer Jun 21, 2020

I always am happy to read threads of a watch passed down from father to son. While I don't have a watch from my father, I have been able to get a mild interest in watches with my two sons. They got me this bracelet today, and I couldn't be happier.

IMG_20200621_160152.jpg

WYO_Watch, wagudc, jB1128 and 4 others like this.