Forums Latest Members

The danger of cheap tools and thank you to Omega Regents Street

1. colonel Oct 9, 2018

I adjusted the bracelet on my Globemaster and although luckily the bracelet is fine I did scratch a few screws on the links and one screw something happened when I turned the screw driver and I couldn’t grip on it anymore

Anyway I took it in to the Omega Boutique on Regent Street in a London and they were so nice

They took it away and in 5 minutes brought it back. They had examined all the screws and replaced 7 for me, so the bracelet looks perfect. They told me the one I couldn’t turn had a piece of screwdriver broken off in it but they had managed to get it out and replace it.

They also gave me a piece of advice. When the watch is new there is a bit of adhesive on the screws. To release it, if stiff, gently rock the screw clockwise and anti-clockwise a bit before putting force on to unscrew.

I hadn’t bought my watch from them asked them what the cost was for the screws and work, and they said free of charge and enjoy the watch!

Moral of the story:
    1. There is a reason why some watch screw drivers are £5 on amazon and some are £20. Lesson. Don’t skimp - get the best ones
    2. If you do live near a Omega boutique or jewler get them to adjust the bracelet for you
    3. Fantastic customer service and makes me even more pleased I bought an Omega

ADEF7E66-EDE8-479A-B560-C4A95DA2536A.jpeg
    Edited Oct 9, 2018
    Khamenman, Jerseyhammer, Shay and 2 others like this.
  2. sah Oct 9, 2018

Thanks for the post. The Globemaster pic on your wrist is stunning.

colonel likes this.
  3. Slowpoker Oct 9, 2018

Amazing watch, I honestly love these Globemasters and may buy one after the Grey side meteorite watch I'm currently trying to get.

Indeed I knew the dangers of cheap screws when I was building my PC, nearly scratched my £1000 graphics card as my screwdriver skidded along it's backplate.

colonel likes this.